Being scared and December 19th

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Being scared and December 19th

Postby Edward » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:09 pm

Sometimes it is hard to think back and remember everything that we have been through on this board. I was a patient that went from first pain to colon resection in a week and opted for chemo due to being 36 at the time. Everything happened so fast, I never had time to be "scared" of the possible consequences of this disease.

After finishing up chemo in August of 2003, my oncologist ordered a scan in October and the result yielded a possible mass. My oncologist said that he would order another one in early December to see if this possible mass was growing or if it was scar tissue. For the most part, I went through surgery and chemo for the most part unphased by any inconvenience. However, this time I would be facing the possibility of a setback. Was there more chemo? More surgery? I received my results back on 12/19/2003 which proved to be only scar tissue. After doing an snow angel in my front lawn (without a coat), I try to remember the patients that are not as lucky as me in my treatment. Maybe it was luck being on my side as it was my mother's birthday. How could I give her bad news on her birthday??? I will continue to pray for the people that are afflicted with this disease. To the ones with several surgeries, advanced stages, and mulitple treatements, YOU ARE SPECIAL PEOPLE AND CONTINUE TO INSPIRE THE REST OF US!!!!

May God bless you as you continue the fight into 2006. You will always be in my prayers.
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

ASTEPHENS33

Being Grateful

Postby ASTEPHENS33 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:59 am

I went to a colon cancer support group tonight and the people there were in later stages of the diseases or relapse and were struggling with pain and more chemo and more radiation and more bad news. Similiar to me, things have happened quickly from my first routine colonoscopy on Oct 11 to colon resection on Nov 3 to chemo start on Dec 13. My prognosis is high. Tonight I realized first hand how serious this disease is. I am very grateful for having good doctors and having it caught early. I feel like an angel is watching over me. Thanks for your kind note and the feeling of love and courage.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”