vectibix

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
longhorn

vectibix

Postby longhorn » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:59 am

just about to start vectibix whats it like

kimlon

Postby kimlon » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:45 pm

Hi, My husband just finished his 2nd cycle of vevtibix and cpt11. He got a very bad skin rash several days after the first treatment. It looked like acne on his face back and chest. It seems to clear up a little about 3-4 days before the next treatment. It gets less severe each time. His skin is very dry, other than that he has been doing great, the best he has been since being dx 18 months ago. He feels a little sick the day he gets it but after that he feels good. Its been the easiest chemo he has had so far and the best he has felt. Good luck, I'd like to know how you do with it, keep in touch.

Kim

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:55 pm

Longhorn,

I have been on Vectibix since 11/29/06. I just plop my hiney in the chemo chair for 1 hour (no pre-meds needed) and I before I know it I am done. I was having terrible back pain and had resorted to sleeping in a recliner before I started Vectibix. A few days after I started on Vectibix I noticed NO more back pain. Yippeee!

I have had absolutely no nausea with it. I have had lots of dry skin issues though and pretty bad acne. I moisturize alot and sleep with socks and cotton gloves on after I moisturize my feet and hands. I like Cetaphil moisturizer and Neutrogena anti-itch moisturizer.

For the acne my oncology team prescribed me 100 mg Doxycycline Hyclate which I take once daily. I had some bacterial skin infections after two rounds of Vectibix. The Doxycycline Hyclate cleared up my skin in only 3 days -- it was amazing.

My scalp is also really dry. Missjv recommed V05 hot oil treatments for the hair and dry scalp and I have to say that they have helped. :D Thanks Missjv!!!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.

Sincerely,
Miss Kim
dx 06/03 stage 4 cc, dx 03/07 papillary carcinoma thyroid cancer
"Live Life to Its Fullest!!!"

LONGHORN

VECTIBIX

Postby LONGHORN » Tue May 01, 2007 12:46 pm

I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH CA FOR ALMOST 3 YRS NOW AND WE TRY LOTS OF DIFFERENT COCKTAILS. SO I WILL TRY TO KEEP YALL POSTED WITH HOW THING ARE GOING. IHAVE A BIG CANCER HISTORY DX WITH SIX MONTH OCT 14, 2004 IAM STILL KICKING ANYBODY WITH GUESTION JUST ASK ME.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”