My Cancer is Back.....

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
margotmagoo

My Cancer is Back.....

Postby margotmagoo » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:04 pm

April 16th I had surgery to remove super-sized ovarian cysts (9"x7"x7" and the other was tennis ball size) I had a 6 day hospital stay. They turned out to be malignant. I was so sure they would be benign. I am pissed, disappointed, and frustrated since it has only been 8 months since I finished Folfox. I thought I was doing so well. I wanted to have a carefree summer with my kids since last year sucked. The staging showed that the cancer was confined to just the ovaries but I am at high risk of it appearing elsewhere. I feel like a ticking time bomb. I am leaving this Monday for Johns Hopkins in Baltimore to see the Director of Gynecological Oncology for a second opinion as to what steps I should take. So far Avastin and Folfiri were recommended but I have No Measurable Disease since I was successfully resected. Apparently there are no studies to show what to do with me but my sister found a study being done at Johns Hopkins on pre-menopausal women with colon cancer that went only to the ovaries. So off I go, still recovering from surgery, to see what they have to say.
Any thoughts or similar experience???? Thank you and my best to all who continue with treatments and survivorship....
Margot
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....but rather by the number of moments that take our breath away"
Diagnosed January 2006 with stage IIIc at age 40.

Monique

Postby Monique » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:33 am

Margot,

I was so sorry to read that your cancer has returned. I too would be pissed. That said, you are out of hospital, the ovarian masses have been removed and now you can concentrate on healing and investigating different avenues as to how to confront your latest news. A friend of mine is being treated with Folfori, and although he is tired, he reports that he is enjoying his life and is able to partake in most everything. Hang in there Margot. It sounds as if you're taking the right steps--pursuing all avenues.

Best wishes,
Monique

Carolyn JB

Postby Carolyn JB » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:27 am

Margot,

I don't have any info to offer but just know you are in my thoughts

Carolyn

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:06 pm

Sorry to hear the news Margot, like you say just as you were looking forward to a decent summer with the family it rears its damn ugly head again!!! Keep fighting!!!

Nick x

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Margot,

I am pissed for you too. I have had a few recurrences and NO it doesn't get any easier. Please know that I am thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

I am one of those patients who had her cc spread to her right ovary. The doctors just kept saying "we just don't see this". It made me feel like a freak. I was originally misdiagnoed for about 2 weeks with ovarian cancer and then I had a terrible bowel obstruction in my sigmoid colon. End story was is was cc and I also had a 6 week stay in the hospital due to severe sepsis. This was all in 2003.

That is interesting that John Hopkins has a study going on pre-menopausal women have the cc mets to the ovary. I had the complete hysterectomy which sent me into early menopausal (yuk). Please pass on anything information you discover at John Hopkins. I was wondering if I could be part of the study or perhaps too many years have gone by.

Hang in there, you we here at the colon club are all pulling for you!!!

Most Sincerely,
Miss Kim
dx 06/03 stage 4 cc, dx 03/07 papillary carcinoma thyroid cancer
"Live Life to Its Fullest!!!"

northern lights

Postby northern lights » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:48 am

I'm sorry for your news. I can't even imagine what it feels like to face chemo again so soon. You beat it once and you can beat it again. Have the doctors confirmed that it is CC and not ovarian cancer? Have you had the genetics testing done? Here is some interesting information.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/hnp-colon-cancer/index.html

Remember that knowledge is power and you can and will make the right decisions.

Sharon
Diagnosed Stage III Jan 06. Completed Treatment Oct 06. NED Dec 06,

missjv

Postby missjv » Wed May 02, 2007 11:36 pm

hi margot,
wow that is so dissappointing im sorry to hear of your news but you beat it before you can do it again. i am stage 4 and doing great. we can all beat this crap. keep your chin up and i hope you do well with the chemo. what chemo did you have before? they usually switch it around if you were on folfox before then now will probably be fofiri and avastin. good luck.

missjv

meighan

Postby meighan » Fri May 04, 2007 6:25 pm

Margot i am so sorry, how are you feeling after your surgery?? I believe you are spending this week looking into the study at John Hopkins and am praying you feel better after talking to them and thank god for sisters huh??? My heart hurts for you as I struggle with what to write, i think about all your positive posts and words of encouragement you are a fighter and of course you will face this head on as you already have begun to .......... but you shouldn't have to no one should. Be gentle and kind to yourself and try to treat you and the kids to a day or two away from all this we all need a moment with the innocence of youth :) we have three kids and last summer they saved me with their silly humor

Postby Guest » Fri May 04, 2007 8:44 pm

Hi Margot my post is tennis ball size cyst on ovary please read it my cancer is back also. Wishing you the best. Any questions let me know.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”