node on ct scan after chemo

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
doug

node on ct scan after chemo

Postby doug » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:35 am

Has anyone had a lymph node slightly enlarged after chemo near the surgical site and it wasn't cancer? Just curious about whether or not to be concerned. Doc said wait three months to rescan. Currently not receiving any more treatments.

Hawaii

Postby Hawaii » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi there,
After my resection(ct scan was done before surgery)my doc did a pet scan before starting chemo(was supposed to start next week) and a lymph gland showed up on the Pet(near the first surgery site). So they did a biopsy on the node & it came back positive for C. So next week he's going back in & taking out this node, before starting my chemo. Did they biopsy your enlarged node?

doug

Postby doug » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:19 am

No the doc said it was so small that instead I should wait a few months and then re-scan. Just nervous about what they would do if it was larger next time around.

notgivingup

dont you love the wait and see approach

Postby notgivingup » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:59 am

Doug,

Yes. Nodes can be enlarged for more than cancer. Inflammation can cause node enlargement.

Now, are you willing to wait and see? You have an enlarged node. Instead of surgery, sign up for a ultrasound guided biopsy.

Better yet, do a PET...that'll tell you if it has a high FDG uptake...usually a good bet its more than just enlarged.
Stage IV CC mets Liver, Portcaval Node, Aortocaval Nodes and Superclavicular Node
Diag. May 2005 Xeloda, Oxaliplatin, Campostar, Avastin, 100G IV C twice weekly
Sigmoid and Liver Wedge Resection, Portocaval Node dissection and ventral hernia repair.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”