Molly

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
sue

Molly

Postby sue » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:32 pm

Hi Molly I am new to this group and find many nice people here! Can you tell me about 'you'? Is this your web site? Did you have CC? If so how are you? Sue
Oct 2003 surgery 36 weeks 5FU

Dec 2006-mets to liver and lymph nodes (stage 1V ) Had liver resection/radiation/chemo

2008 nodes on lungs started FOLFOX4, 5FU/leucovorin, avastin. After 10 cycles no change

Oct 2008 started 5-FU

May 2009-Folfox4

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:02 pm

Hi Sue-

Wow! Thank you for saying hi! Glad you're here and that you found us! :)

I am 31 now and was diagnosed on my 23rd birthday back in 1999. My docs all told me I must be the only one in the country with colon cancer so young, and the only support group I found was a colon/prostate group. you can imagine how excited i was to talk about prostates!

In any case, I set out to prove that you didn't have to be a 50 year old white guy to get the disease (no offense, fellas) by inline skating from my hometown in NY to Colorado where I had been going to school when I first had symptoms. (Rather than explain, I'll send you to the website. www.rollingtorecovery.com ) Along the way I got an e-mail from a young woman in Little Rock, AR named Amanda. She had been diagnosed when she was 24...and suddenly I had a sister, basically. It felt so great to not be alone anymore! (You can read more about Amanda at http://rollingtorecovery.com/amanda.htm )

Amanda died at the age of 27 and I had promised her that I would continue to raise awareness of "our" disease for both of us, so her cousin Hannah (http://www.colonclub.com/aboutus.html ...incase you can't tell, we have a website for EVERYTHING! :) ) and I started the Colon Club. It has enabled us to build the Colossal Colon (www.colossalcolon.com) and this message board, among other things! This board is the one thing I wish I had when I was going through my diagnosis!

So...that's me in a nutshell. Is this my website? Not anymore! This place is for EVERYONE and we are SO glad you found us!
Last edited by Molly on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sue

Postby sue » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:06 pm

Hi Molly!!

Thx for responding and so fast!!

WOW, you did get CC at such a young age! Happy to hear that they must have caught it early and your ok today!!

I am sorry to hear that Amanda didnt make it through her battle. I tried to get into the web pages that you listed, but they didnt work...?

Thank you from all of us for having this space for us to vent, learn and meet new people and help each other. And, thanks to Hannah too! :-)

Bless you both.

Dec 2006-mets to liver and lymph nodes (stage 1V ) Had liver resection/radiation/chemo

2008 nodes on lungs started FOLFOX4, 5FU/leucovorin, avastin. After 10 cycles no change

Oct 2008 started 5-FU

May 2009-Folfox4

sue

Postby sue » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:09 pm

Wanted to tell you that I got the site to open! Thx.

Oct 2008 started 5-FU

May 2009-Folfox4

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:16 pm

I removed the periods from the addresses. Should work now.

Holly

wow

Postby Holly » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:09 am

Sue,

Welcome to the Colon Club. As a stage IV survivor, it is my hope that here you will learn, grow and connect with others. Molly and Hannah are remarkable human spirits and many of us are grateful for the opportunities that this forum has provided. Thanks you too Sergei!

In health and happiness, embrace and love one another and remember that ALL things are possible.

Holly

pjpeace

Postby pjpeace » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:00 pm

Welcome to the club Sue! Glad you found the site. :lol:

Molly...(when I was at the CRAN meeting last Thursday) I keep forgetting to tell you some ACS folks said they met you last year when you did some kind of hockey thing at half time (could be Michigan...IL?) not sure...I'm so bad with names! Any hoo they really liked you though :D

Now to badger my mom into getting her colonoscopy scheduled that she got a reminder for...Any hoo, I've threathend to call and make appointments for people before... :x
"When you've been abandoned in the desert and the vultures are circling and squawking at you...raise you fist at them and yell "I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!"
Stage IV @ 30 yrs. 6/06 Ms. April 2008
Recurrence to pancreas 2/09 & 6/10

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”