Colonoscopy & Colon Polyps

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
july181998

Colonoscopy & Colon Polyps

Postby july181998 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:12 pm

All,

I was wondering that if after a colonoscopy and the removal of a couple of small polyps if the doctor was suspicious of anything, would he consult with the patient right after or would he wait for the pathology reportt. Also, if the colon itself looked suspicious would he consult the patient right after?

Thanks,

July

lamerex4

Postby lamerex4 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:07 pm

Every doctor is different. Every situation is different. You can ask your doctor to give an opinion, however.
My doctor told me right after the colonoscopy that the mass was suspicious. She then listed 3 characteristics that she based that suspicion on.
Some doctors will dismiss your questions, and tell you to just be patient until the pathology report comes back.
It never hurts to ask. Communication is key in this whole process.
Stage I Rectosigmoid Adenocarcinoma 02/07
Stage IB Uterine Adenocarcinoma 10/03

NancyW217

Postby NancyW217 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:56 pm

Wait for the pathology. I know its hard. Every Dr. is different. My first doctor told me he got a polyp but it looked benign. It turned out stage one adenocarcinoma.
Take a deep breath and keep us informed!! lots of really awesome people here that have survived a whole lot more than I have. But anything I can do for moral support let me know!
Nancy

Ivanaplay2

Postby Ivanaplay2 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:58 pm

I was still foggy from the anesthesia when the doctor came up to my bedside and said "Mr. H, I'm afraid I have some bad news." He proceeded to tell me he removed 4 polyps, 2 of which were tiny and nothing unusual. Two of them were larger, one of them being golf ball size, and which 'didn't look good'. 'Of course, you can't tell just by looking at them, so we'll have to wait for the lab report, but from past experience, it's probably cancerous.' It was. A week later, the lab confirmed his suspicions. Fortunately it was stage I, caught in time to prevent spreading to other areas.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:17 am

My GI dr told me mine was for sure cancer as soon as I woke up. he said you need to find a surgeon for next week. this was on a thursday afternoon. He took no sample said he was afraid to mess with it.,

Anita miss april 2007

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”