Puffy Stomach after surgery??

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
flarob6133

Re: Puffy Stomach after surgery??

Postby flarob6133 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 am

I had the reversal of colostomy last July. Still very swollen, but my pants do fit. Just poufs out over waistband. My surgeon wouldnt say much, but my internest said it can take up to a year , keep exercising to increase core strength and be patient

Rayzen04ean

Postby Rayzen04ean » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:05 am

I have had an operation 10 years ago,due to some circumstances my doc have to take out my intestines and clean it up..
So in this 10 years, i have air filld my stomach numerous times..i've seen doc a few times whenever such bad incident occur,but they all said its normal,sometimes got people will be like that :(..this kind of situation really make me sick..everytime it happen my stomach will bloated,i can't manage to eat or drink as it will make me vomit..usually take 1 week to recover,and its a painful week :'(.. Does such thing really NORMAL? Please help

sadlyhurts

Postby sadlyhurts » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Ito had the same problem after my colon resection but I had an abdominal incision and infection and still a open wound after two months. I always feel bloated,and always have to take poop med to go this really sucks I thought this surgery was suppose to make me feel better, I tell my Doc and he thinks I fibbing are something......:( :| :cry:

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”