Xeloda hand and foot problem suggestions

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
as

Xeloda hand and foot problem suggestions

Postby as » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:01 am

For the hand and foot issue with Xeloda, what type of creams and moisturizers did you use? I am astephens33, but can't post this new topic under my user name, so feel free to email personally or leave a posting to this thread. Thanks.

Andrea

Postby Andrea » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:09 pm

I have used Aveeno products and body butters. Don't pick at your skin if it starts peeling. I did this and ended up in a lot of pain. Duhhh... I couldn't resist the urge. Gross, I know. I am also on Neurotin which is supposed to help deaden the nerves. It has taken a while to adjust the dosage. I had to increase the dosage twice.
LIVESTRONG,
Andrea

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:15 am

I was recommended to use Udderly Smooth cream for my hands and feet. This came from the cancer nurses. They told me they use it themselves as they have to wash their hands so many times a day. Their opinion is it's the best out there. I had a hard time finding it at first. They have small tubes in the lotion isle at walmart. CVS had it one time then didn't have it again. Then I finally found a steady supply of it at Walmart in the first aid area. You know by the band aids, and ointment area. I still use it because they are right, it is the best lotion I've ever used. When I was on treatments I used it at least 3 times a day. My feet really really suffered. Lotioning them down 3 times a day was soothing and comforting. I also bought one of those foot massaging bath thingys. I would soak my feet when they were at their worst. Then I'd lotion them down.

Not only did my feet get really dry but they hurt too. B6 and vitamin e were recommended for this. I took 1 400 iu of the E and 1 100mg of the b6. This routine helps with the joint pain you get in the feet and hands. It works too, as I would get lazy every once in awhile and could always tell the difference when I didn't take my vitamins. I was also taking these vitamins on fulfox treatments so I still take them since I've been in the routine so long. I also take vitamin c daily.

When I first started taking Xeloda I had nausea and fatigue. As time went on those two side effects disappeared. I would feel kind of yucky the last couple of days of the two weeks. My main problems with Xeloda was hand and foot syndrome and conjuctivitis. Look out for any problems with your eyes. There are drops to help with this problem too.

Good luck all you new users of Xeloda. May your six months pass quickly, with little side effects.

Praying for all,

Mary

ASTEPHENS33

Where to get udderly smooth

Postby ASTEPHENS33 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:20 am

You can buy it over the web at amazon.com or drugstores.com

tamfigg

Postby tamfigg » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:08 pm

Aquaphor is awesome for that. You can get that at any local store.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”