Am on my 2nd chemo, haven't given up yet

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Lisa

Am on my 2nd chemo, haven't given up yet

Postby Lisa » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:21 pm

Follow up to "Wanna stop chemo after first one"

I started my second round today. The doctor gave me different nausea medicine and I'm hopeful that I won't feel as rough this time. Going by the time line of my first treatment my two worst days should be Saturday and Sunday but I am hoping those days will come and go much better than the first experience.

I was so nervous on my way to treatment this morning that I was hyperventilating and my teeth kept chattering and I was shaking but I made it. I can't explain why I was this way, my husband and I are puzzled by it but I was more nervous this time than the first time.

I'm being a big kid and following through. I do want to live and must do what I can to pull all odds onto my side. I thank you all for your words of encouragement!

Lisa
www.lisaschaos.blog-city.com

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:59 am

Good for you Lisa!! You just hang in there girl. Each treatment you get under your belt is just one more towards that light at the end of the tunnel!! Try to watch uplifting things, funny things on TV. Try to relax and think about this as just being another stepping stone in life. Things will improve as you relax and know what to expect. Just know that we are ALL behind you here Lisa! Now you go "Git-R-Done"!!! :lol:

Hugs Peg

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:14 am

Lisa,

Way to go! I am so proud to hear that you are continuing your chemo regimen~ As icky as it might be, you can and will do this and remember it will not last forever! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Big Hugs!

Holly

Hannah

Postby Hannah » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:20 pm

Hey Lisa,

Congrats on hanging in there!

I wanted to quickly reply to your physical reaction to going to chemo - I have heard of lots of people who have similiar reactions to going to chemo - some people even get nauseous BEFORE they get chemo, just from thinking about it or walking in the chemo room.

I don't know much about it, but it is not in your head - this is a very real and fairly common reaction.

:)Hannah

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:56 pm

Lisa

Anticipatory nausea is common and recoginized by most nurses treating chemo patients-I get this symptom prior to chemo. There was an instance when anxiety got the best of me and my blood pressure shot sky high as soon as I entered the treatment room. Now I know why some patients have people visit them while they are having treatment.

One of the things which keeps me coming back to my chemo treatments is
1. knowing that I will feel better days after, physically,
and
2. hopefully, the longer I hang in there with my present treatments, the more likely the chance that R&D will find more treatment options for colon cancer

Rochelle

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:57 am

Lisa,

Way to go and keep up the good work! Keep kickin' a little cancer a@#!You are stronger than you realize and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! If you ever need to talk please send me a message!

Hugs!

Holly

emilybuisa@yahoo.com

Postby emilybuisa@yahoo.com » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:20 am

Lisa i just ended my chemo 2 and a half months ago . and my first round was horrible. but they also changed my anti neasea drug to AMEND and it worked like a charm i never got sick again after that. Its a horrible ordeal but stay strong a nd know you could do it. i

lisa

Postby lisa » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:35 pm

Ok guys, number 3 is tomorrow. I'm still hanging in there and still hating it. I am finding if I just tell myself I'm doing one more instead of saying I have 10 more to go I get through them easier. The rollercoaster ride of emotions. The nervous anticipation and then, one more down and done. thank goodness.

edinaman

Postby edinaman » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:15 pm

Lisa, hang in there. I finished chemo this past May. At times it seemed like it would never end. Like others have said, the mind is strong and you can be nauseated because that is what you expect. I got a portable DVD player and watched movies during chemo-it really helped the time to pass. My wife's cousin who went through chemo about 5 years ago told me to always remember that there is life after chemo.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”