Sticky Poo!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Ashlee H.

Re: Sticky Poo!

Postby Ashlee H. » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:48 pm

I have never seen so many responses from people without signatures. What's the deal here. Some of the names are also suspect. I must agree with Sean. Not saying poo quality is not an issue, but we get less responses for much more important things. Maybe with March 5th coming up, we'll start getting people who think this site is funny, instead of seeing it as people fighting for their lives. I apologize if this is a legit person with a legit question, but it just doesn't "smell" right (sorry for the pun).

If this is a legit question...see your doctor, and if you aren't happy with the answer, see another doctor. A colonoscopy is the only way to find out for sure if there is a deadly tumor in your colon.

Ashlee
Stage IV w/liver met dx 7-1-09
KRAS Mutant
Member of the HIPECKERS (2011) and OLYMPHIANS (2012)
2/14 - standard chemo has stopped working
3/14 - Stivarga
LIVE LIFE!

Ashlee H.

Postby Ashlee H. » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:46 pm

I just noticed the original post was back in 2007! So looks like someone did a search and has questions. So, I apologize for the new poster in 2010. This is the place to ask questions. Lots of good advice, if you notice something different with your body, you need to see your doctor.

Ashlee
Stage IV w/liver met dx 7-1-09
KRAS Mutant
Member of the HIPECKERS (2011) and OLYMPHIANS (2012)
2/14 - standard chemo has stopped working
3/14 - Stivarga
LIVE LIFE!

SkiFletch
Facebook Username: Michael Fletcher

Postby SkiFletch » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:52 pm

While I too agree this is the place to ask questions, the first post and the recent post bringing this issue back up are again both from guests with similar names and writing styles... Fishy to me, but if this is a aserious question, I'll apologize for my skepticism.
11/13/09 5cm Stage IV 9/25 lymph nodes w/2cm peritoneal met at 29 YoA
12/15/09 LA right hemi-colectomy
6/16/10 Folfox FINISHED
8/10/10 Prophylactic HIPEC
10/9/10 got Married :D
Still NED and living life to the fullest

"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life."

Ivona
Facebook Username: Ivona Bradley

Postby Ivona » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:05 pm

Veryscared wrote:I too have sticky poo. In 2006 I went through extreme stress of losing someone I love, then I had bloody diarrhea for a few days, and I mean lots of blood. It went away and then about a year later I had bloody diarrhea again. Then a year later, same thing. Finally, in 2009, I started really having trouble for a while. In October, I had bloody diarrhea and cramping and lots of gas for about 2 weeks. Since then, I have had stomach cramps after I eat and occaisionally blood in loose stools and very sticky stools. I am wondering if I have cancer. I am 37 yr old female. I am scared.

So why on earth aren't you RUNNING to your nearest doctor/hospital/clinic? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????!??!?!!
dx'd Oct '08 (age 48)
T3bN2Mx
9/23 LN's
resection Nov '08
Folfox Jan '09 - March '09
Xeloda March 24/09 - July 6/09

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it's called 'the present'. "

NWgirl
Facebook Username: Belle Piazza

Postby NWgirl » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:19 pm

Ditto what Ivona said - just get to a doctor and get checked.
Belle - "Don't Retreat - Reload"DX 10/07 Stage III Rectal
Surgery 11/07; 27 of 38 nodes
Perm Colostomy 8/11
12/10 recurrence lungs & LN's
VATS Jan 2011
Radiation Oct 2013
Chemo for Life
2012 Colondar Model

mimibyrd
Facebook Username: Carole Byrd

Postby mimibyrd » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 am

Jezza wrote:HI,

I have been having the same problem with the sticky poo. It's very uncomfortable. I went to see my doctor and they just gave me a couple of pills and sent me out the door. I felt better for a few days but it didn't fix the problem a month later i went back to the doctor and they gave me more pills and sent me out the door. After the second batch of pills did nothing to me i took the matter in to my own hands. I changed my diet by cutting out GLUTEN. This is a hard thing to do as gluten is in most things we eat. Gluten is in wheat so it cuts out all the good things. Bread, pastry, biscuits, BEER............. the list goes on. After not eating any Gluten for 2 weeks i was fixed. 90% better. Normal hard stools with minimal whipping. It was the best thing every and i strongly suggest that anyone with sticky poo and bowel problems cuts out Gluten from their diet just to see what happens. I have had blood tests to see if i have ab intolerance to gluten but they came back negative. Don't always trust the blood test.

If anyone else knows how to prevent the sticky poo bowel problem in any other way please tell me. Thanks

Hey Jezza,
thanks so much for the information. I have had "ibs" for 10 +years. Gastro doc said nothing could be done. No pills worked. I tried changing diet too, adding more fibre and pro and prebiotics, , cutting out dairy. I have toyed with gluten free and now you have inspired me to seriously work to be gluten free. Right now I am not eating meat, bread, dairy (I am lactose and cassein intolerant ). A friend of mine suffered for years and her blood tests came back negative too, but she had some newer test recently for Celiac's and it came back positive. Even a small amount of gluten causes her problems. Thanks for telling your success story. I will try it. Any good tips to begin with?

James65

Postby James65 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:56 am

I would add that I have problems with what comes out in my bag being very sticky and tar-like. I constantly have constipation since chemo and the only thing that helps is senna, but my GI doctor recently told me to stop taking senna and advised miralax, which doesn't work very well, so I would be interested in any advice people might have.
Diagnosed with stage III rectal tumor (though probably late stage II) January 2006.
Chemo/Radiation
Full APR Surgery
Folfox Chemo
So far NED.
Oops. Liver tumor diagnosed 10/13 after elevated CEA. Liver resection for 5cm tumor 12/6/13. So far so good.
Oops again, one tumor in each lung diagnosed 8/8/16. One too small to deal with and the other resected in late September. Wait and watch for now.
Oops, another lung Met in upper left lobe on edge of previous resection scar 11/11/19.

John603

Postby John603 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:21 pm

James,

I was taking Miralax and my doctor recommended Senna. Go figure. I've made the switch, but I bought Senna-S rather than plain Senna. I think the "S" part does what Miralax does and the Senna part softens things up. I've found that the Senna-S has been working pretty well for me. The dosage is between 2 and 8 pills per day. I've been taking three. I may need to up it next week when I get Aloxi as part of my pre-meds.
John

Dx Stage IIIC (14 of 36 LNs +) Jan 07, age 42
Colectomy Jan 07
Folfox + Erb'x Mar 07
Recurrence in Lymph Nodes Feb 08
Folfiri + Avastin Apr 08
NED Dec 08
Recurrence in lungs & pelvic LNs May 09
Folfiri/Avastin May 09 - Nov 09
Erb'x/Irino Dec 09

James65

Postby James65 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:22 am

John,
That's really funny. I am trying to do a bit of both in order to lessen the amount of senna I take. Hopefully I can find a balance that works.

Also, I hope you're doing well. If you need anything feel free to get in touch.

Best,
James
Diagnosed with stage III rectal tumor (though probably late stage II) January 2006.
Chemo/Radiation
Full APR Surgery
Folfox Chemo
So far NED.
Oops. Liver tumor diagnosed 10/13 after elevated CEA. Liver resection for 5cm tumor 12/6/13. So far so good.
Oops again, one tumor in each lung diagnosed 8/8/16. One too small to deal with and the other resected in late September. Wait and watch for now.
Oops, another lung Met in upper left lobe on edge of previous resection scar 11/11/19.

Erin

Postby Erin » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:56 pm

I didn't think the title or post sounded juvenile to me. That was a really rude response.

dkah

Postby dkah » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:58 pm

If you are having troubles you you do need to get to the doctor and schedule a colonoscopy. I have been having troubles with my bowels for about 20 years. I started out with IBS. I found that I cannot eat tomato paste foods. If I eat speggetti, pizza, Etc. it gives me terrible pain to the point of sweating and cramps. I would have constipation and then it would turn to diarrea. I got most of that under control with the foods I avoided.

Then the next stage was blood in my stools, A lot. I was scared to go to the doctor but I finally went and had a colonoscopy and they found 2 benign tomors but they said the bleeding was from ( not for sure of the spelling) puritus ani. I tohught that would solve all my problems getting the polyps removed but it didn't. I too was also having sticky stools. I found actually that an apple a day helped me with the sticky stools problem. I have been eating one a day for a month and I have not been having any sticky stools as of yet and it only takes 1 - 2 wipes to be clean. It has also put me on the verge of constipation so I have to make myself drink more water. The blood has since went away and it was small cracks around my anus that was causing the problem but it produced large amounts of blood in my stool and toilet. It looked like I was menastrating but I am a male.

Everywhere online I looked it said/pointed to cancer but when I went in to the doctor I was relieved to know it wasn't serious.The point that I am trying to make is that it is not always cancer and if you don't get to the doctor you will never know and you will have to sit and suffer with your problems and maybe even end up dying because you were too afraid to go in and have it checked out. It could easily be something they can easily fix with a pill or something. The girl with the bloody stools might just have crones disease ( again not sure of spelling) and they can treat you for that. The procedure is really quite simple and does not take that long. If it is cancer a lot of people are cured if they get in soon enough.

I think a lot of the problems with the bowels and health for that matter can be corrected by a better and healthy diet and avoiding some foods that some people are allergic to. We also have to watch because the fast foods and the already prepared foods have a lot of chemicals in them to help them stay fresh longer/kill bacteria and they have not completely tested what that does to people. I hope I helped someone out with this and helped lead them to better health.

anonymous2

Postby anonymous2 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:14 pm

I support the gluten and even grain free diet. check out the GAPS diet.

beenthere

Postby beenthere » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:20 am

StickyPooCoward wrote:I have way sticky poo. I feel constipated, but then have a hard time getting it all out. My poo is ultra sticky, and hard to clean up.
I've tried drinking more water, stop drinking soda, stop eating fatty foods, stop eating foods high in sugar, I've tried adding more fiber, fruits and veggies. Nothing helps! Any ideas, please help!!!

I would try using mettimucil sugar free orange flavor. Give it a week. works for me!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”