Need support and information

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
bailey1

Need support and information

Postby bailey1 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:37 am

Hi, I'm new to this site and have been warmed by the many messages of support sent between you.
My dx was back in 1999 but since then have had mets in liver, left lung and twice in right lung, all resected and followed by various chemo combos and extensive radiotherapy.
Latest news in the last few weeks following serious breathing problems is that the cancer has now spread to my larynx and I am told there are multiple seeds of adenocarcinoma in the trachea. My lung surgeon has indicated that he will endeavour to deal with these by laser surgery in the next few weeks.
I am more scared about this than anything that has happened before, especially as they tell me it is very uncommon for colon mets in the trachea. Does anyone else have any experience of this, how the laser surgery might affect me, whether chemo or radiotherapy will be needed afterwards.
I would appreciate any information at all.

irish

Postby irish » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:18 pm

Sorry to hear everything you are going through. I don't have any experience with this but you are in my prayers.
I site I found helpful was www.smile.org.au
Stage IIB - Rectal Cancer / Diagnosed Nov 22, 2006
6 Surgeries in 16 months. NED in Jan 2008.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:21 am

This is a new one to me too. Laser is a good technique. Put your faith in it. You're in my prayers.

bailey1

Mets to trachea

Postby bailey1 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:18 am

Thank you Irish and Magnolia for your messages of support, much appreciated.
No replies from anyone else out there, has no-one any experience of this before ?

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:55 pm

Bailey1,

You sure have been through alot since 1999. Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations, but I wanted to let you know that you will be in my prayers and I will send "think shrink" thoughts your way.

I also have stinking thyroid cancer and I am just hoping to get the cc under control so perhaps I can deal with the thyroid. I just want off this creepy ride and I am sure that you do too.

Keep us posted and I will send positive vibes your way.

Miss Kim
dx 06/03 stage 4 cc, dx 03/07 papillary carcinoma thyroid cancer
"Live Life to Its Fullest!!!"

aliveat35

Postby aliveat35 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:46 pm

I too am sorry to hear about your recent challenge. I have not heard of this type of metastises from colon cancer. What stage were you at your initial diagnosis in 1999?

I wish you all the best.
35 yr old fem. Dx 9/2006 with 2B

bailey1

Postby bailey1 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:52 am

Thank you MissKim and aliveat35 for your kind thoughts. Yes, it sure has been a rollercoaster ride.
Dx was stage 3 with only 1 lymph node, so expectations were quite good back then. How wrong could they be as it turned out.
I hope you have better luck with your cc and thyroid problems MissKim, I'll be thinking of you too.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”