140 point CEA Drop --- Woooo Hoooo!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
MissKim

140 point CEA Drop --- Woooo Hoooo!

Postby MissKim » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:42 pm

As many of you know I have been feeling very frustrated, angry, and down about my situation.

I started taking Xeloda on 3/1/07 and have my Vectibix infusion every 3 weeks. My CEA had reached a scary 352 -- which I probably mentioned in my posts. Well today, I am happy to say that my CEA has dropped to 210. :D Still high, but you cannot imagine how happy a 142 point drop in 3 weeks makes me :lol: -- and its my hubby's b-day tomorrow which makes this news all the more sweeter.

I know I still have many challenges ahead and I pray that my CEA continues to drop. I have adopted Paula's manta "Think Shrink" and I have lots of people praying and "thinking shrink" for me.

Thank-you to all of you for your supportive notes and I hope we all beat down this evil cc. :twisted: Think Shrink -- Everyone. Thanks Paula for the great slogan!!!!

Sincerely,
Miss Kim
dx 06/03 stage 4 cc, dx 03/07 papillary carcinoma thyroid cancer
"Live Life to Its Fullest!!!"

missjv

Postby missjv » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:41 pm

hi,
great news kim thats wonderful. i have been reading so many different things on stage 4 lately and a few have said stage 4 can now sometimes be curable as it was considered incurable 5 years ago. due to new therapies. and if it can't be cured people are going into much longer remissions and living alot longer then those old crappy statistics. im thinking shrink some more for you, you are doing great!

missjv

kimlon

Postby kimlon » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:43 pm

Kim. Thats great news, I know how happy you must be. As I've told you already my husband is also on vectibix and he is feeling so good, better than he has felt in the 18 months since being dx. I will let you know what his cea is as soon as the doctor checks it, he just had his 3rd treatment on wed. Take care.

Kim
My husband is stage IV with mets to liver and lungs

Carolyn JB

Postby Carolyn JB » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:04 am

Miss Kim,

Such great news!! I am so happy for you!

Carolyn

seussfan
Facebook Username: Trish Lannon

Postby seussfan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:58 pm

Congratulations! I know it must be such a relief to get good news. I will continue to "Think Shrink" and hope that the numbers conitnue to drop for you!
Stage 3 Colon Cancer-6 of 15 lymph nodes positive/Surgery & Dx 3-5-07/Finished Folfox4 11-28-07
Stage 0/Grade 3 Breast Cancer/Double mastectomy 5-15-09/Undergoing reconstruction
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/trishlannon
2009 Colondar Model

justme

Postby justme » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:49 pm

Good news.. stay positive...
Happy Birthday, to your Hubby....
stage IV c/c @ 43
cancer can not invade my soul, nor will it conquer my spirit....

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:39 pm

Missjv, kimlon, Carolyn JB, seussfan, and justme,

Thank-you so much for your beautiful words of support! I was so happy to hear from all of you because you know how important it is to get a positive sign that the treatment is working.

Kimlon, I am so glad that your husband is feeling so well! I have felt pretty good myself on this treatment (physically). Emotionally, last month especially was rough. But today is another day. I pray that your husband has fantastic results on Vectibix. Quick question -- how does your husband deal with the dry skin on his head and hair? Any suggestions? I use Cetaphil on my face, but I was just wondering if you found something better. Also, I am using Head & Shoulders for the hair because my skin is so dry it looks like I have a raging case of dandruff. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank-you all for your kind words. Think Shrink!!

Miss Kim

missjv

Postby missjv » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:44 pm

hi,
well very dry scalp and skin has been an issue for me the past couple weeks i have never had a problem before. i found some products at target with shea butter that have really helped. it is a brand called frederic fekia (spelling?) it is sort of expensive but it has helped i noticed a huge difference in my skin i do not look like an alligator anymore and it has helped my scalp and put a little shine back in my hair as well. i think anything with shea butter helps but i found this particular brand works the best for me. also v05 hot oil treatments help the head as well.

missjv

sean

Postby sean » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:11 pm

My daughter has eczema and very dry skin. Elta helps. Its expensive too, but a little goes a long way. Might be worth a try.
42 - dx Jan 3 2007 stage IIA colon
9 FOLFOX4, 3 5-FU completed Sep 24 2007
Blockage symptoms, Negative Colonoscopy, Positive PET Oct 2009
2nd Resection Oct 2009 - Suspected Local Recurrence was Negative

kimlon

Postby kimlon » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:03 pm

Kim, Lonnie is having a time of it with the dry skin and acne like rash. His scalp is full of red sores and his hair that just grew back is falling out again. He is also using the cetaphil and we found a moisturizer called PURPOSE made by Johnson and Johnson that works well on his face. It has SPF30 and also helps reduce redness but it seems with anything he uses he needs to reapply 3 to 4 times aday or his face is a flaky dry mess.Let me know if you come across anything thats works better.

Kim
My husband is stage IV with mets to liver and lungs

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:13 pm

Kim,

I take 100 mg a day of doxycycline hyclate and it completely cleared up the acne and red spots in about 3 days. It was amazing. My oncology team prescribed this and recommends that I take this as long as I am receiving Vectibix. It worked very well for me.

Miss Kim

pjpeace

Postby pjpeace » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:59 pm

That is AWESOME news!!! "Think Shrink" rules :lol: I'm so glad you are using it! Send me your address in a private message and when I get those bracelets made I'll send you one!

Thinking Shrink for ya girl! You're in my prayers too =)
Paula
"When you've been abandoned in the desert and the vultures are circling and squawking at you...raise you fist at them and yell "I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!"
Stage IV @ 30 yrs. 6/06 Ms. April 2008
Recurrence to pancreas 2/09 & 6/10

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:54 pm

Kim,
That is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. I will continue to "think shrink" for you and for me as well. I hope the CEA continues to drop and the cancer shrinks. Sounds like you're having a great response.

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:44 pm

Paula -- I am so glad to be using your think shrink. My kids hung no less than 20 think shrink signs all over our house.

I have my family and friends "thinking shrink" and they are passing the word on. Jeff Probst's (the Survivor show host) mom even sent me a think shrink card this week :D . Yes, I am proud to admit, that Jeff sent me a Survivor buff with a note about being "the ultimate survivor" 8) . Very nice, indeed!

I would love to get a few "think shrink" bracelets from you Paula! I will PM you my address.

Lifes2Short -- thank-you so much for the supportive and encouraging note. I am so appreciative of all the support I get from you and everyone else on this site.

Think Shrink to Everyone!
Miss Kim

Dan

cea count

Postby Dan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:37 pm

Hi, Misskim.

I started Xeloda on April 11 2007 my cea was at 297.7. I just finish my third cycle and its down to 62.4 and was wondering what your count is now? Being 77 i did come down with the H-F-S and with the cea going down so good, i like to keep my dose at 2300 mg as long as i can :)

Dan

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”