Rectal ulcer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
rmarine

Rectal ulcer

Postby rmarine » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:56 pm

My husband was diagnoised with rectal colon Ca in Sept 06. We decided to go the way of removing the tumor. Then 6 weeks of continuous 24hrs/day of 5 FU, Advastin three times and 5 days a week of Radiation for 6 weeks. My husband did great. The radiation made him tired but with staying home from work gave him time to rest.
He had his biopsy 6 weeks ago and the pathology report was neg. Our biggest problem right now is a newly diagnoise, Rectal ulcer located in the radiated tumor site. This was confirmed by under anesthesia sigmoidscope. I`m asking if anyone has ever dealed with a rectal ulcer before. The second round of chemotherapy has been haulted until we get him into a hyperbarric chamber, (oxygen therapy x 1 month.)
Has anyone done this treatment before?
I just found this site and hope we can get some support and answers.
Thankyou,
Donna

wdt

Postby wdt » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:29 am

Not sure, there could be a number of things going on, but you may want to ask your doctor if he thinks it could be related to the Avastin. Avastin is a drug that works on the blood supply of the tumor/cancer cells. Because of that, it can affect healing due to it cutting off some of the vessels around the surgery site. Avastin is a great drug for colorectal cancer, but it can have some side effects.

dwayne

Postby dwayne » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:23 pm

This is something similar that happened to my brother in law and though this has been a long time since he was diagnosed with this problem but as far as I remember he did not have any such problems after or during the time he was receiving the chemo. So looks to me that this is a different issue altogether.
I am for the use of the lipitor

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”