1st CT scan since chemo is clear -- thx for the good vibes

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
ketel

1st CT scan since chemo is clear -- thx for the good vibes

Postby ketel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:27 pm

I insisted on a mid-chemo CT scan (wasn't happy waiting out the full 6 cycles). Results came back today that there was "nothing remarkable" on the films. Onc nurse was unwilling to say I was NED, but I took it as a good thing.

Thanks to everyone out there who was sending me good vibes this week. Waiting on CT results can be agonizing. Crazy stuff goes through your head.

Moving forward....

ketel

seussfan
Facebook Username: Trish Lannon

Postby seussfan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:38 pm

Congratulations and enjoy the good news! And good for you for standing up for what you needed - not many doctors would have listened, but you must have really stood strong to get what you wanted. I wish you continued clean scans. 8)
Stage 3 Colon Cancer-6 of 15 lymph nodes positive/Surgery & Dx 3-5-07/Finished Folfox4 11-28-07
Stage 0/Grade 3 Breast Cancer/Double mastectomy 5-15-09/Undergoing reconstruction
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/trishlannon
2009 Colondar Model

naomi

advice please

Postby naomi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:11 am

Hi ketel. i posted a message about my brother-inlaw. he is stage iv cc. he is supposed to be on chemo for 6 mnths. (5fu and cpt11). he just had 1st ct after about 2 mnths of chemo and results showed not much change. i think your post said something similar back in nov. how have you been since and is this progress or lack of common?

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:52 am

hi ketel,
congrats on the progress thats great news! i too have gotten a few clean scans it is a good feeling knowing the treatment is working in this crappy disease that can surprise a person from one scan too another.
missjv

Carolyn JB

Postby Carolyn JB » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:20 pm

Ketel,

Great news on your scan! I have my first scan after starting chemo on April26th and I am pretty stressed about it right now!

Carolyn

tandys24

Postby tandys24 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:48 pm

CONGRATULATIONS on the clean scan!!! It is such a good feeling I know.
God bless and Believe.

Noonie2

Postby Noonie2 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:45 pm

Awesome news! Waiting for scan results is always a scare!

My next one is coming up. PET scan on April 27th!

Wish me luck you all!!!!!

Love and Prayers,
Dana

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:28 am

Great news! I'm so happy for you!

I had a a mid-chemo scan by accident. I had diverticulitis and we did one for that. It was clear of cancer. Then I had one at the end of chemo which was clear. I just had one at one year post diagnosis which was again clear. Sounds like you're headed down the same road. Good for us, huh? (Except I had another mild case of diverticulitis. I'm not happy about two cases of that in 10 months, but things could definately be worse. I won't complain too much.)

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:29 am

Good luck Noonie!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”