TENNIS BALL MASS ON OVARY

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
margotmagoo

Postby margotmagoo » Tue May 15, 2007 11:44 pm

Yesterday was 4 weeks post surgery and am now feeling better from my surgery. I also was experiencing the most pain on my lower right side. I assumed it was because that is where my appendix was. It is much better now. My surgeon said it is because I am right handed and hence right legged and use that side more. When was your surgery? Mine was April 16th and I had a 6 day hospital stay). Yesterday I started on Folfiri (5FU, Ironoteacan, and Leukovoran) and will have Avastan added in 6-8 weeks post surgery which will put that sometime in June. We asked my onco about the periteneal chemo but he did not recommend it for me. Chemo sucks!!!! I hope that you are pulling through okay and that you are not feeling too sick. Best to you...
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....but rather by the number of moments that take our breath away"
Diagnosed January 2006 with stage IIIc at age 40.

Postby Guest » Thu May 17, 2007 8:16 pm

Hi my surgery was April 20th I was in and out of the hospital quickly and compared to all the surgery I have had it was a piece of cake. It is the chemo that stinks you see I got home from the hospital on the Monday and started chemo to the port in my abdomin the next day.. This Chemo is tough but next week is suppose to be my last week please God. The pain I have in my lower right side has gotten worse so hence in for a catscan tomorrow I hope it is nothing.. I was on avaistan folfox cpt 11 etc in the past I handled all well. Good Luck to you keep beating this beast!

Postby Guest » Tue May 22, 2007 1:43 am

Im am so thankful to have this place to post. Thanks Molly and Hannah.

Reading all your comments has me thankful not to be alone and scared reading your results.
Im 43 ned for 21 months off chemo for 3 months stage four on diagnosis with 8 tumors to liver . resection/ rfa. and they took one ovary at colon surgery.

I just had two periods after I thought I was in a chemo induced menopause or maybe my bodies just confused anyway. My primary dr on my yearly felt alot of scar tissue and ordered a ultra sound which came back enlarged ovary compilcated cyst fibroid cyst and wall thicking with mild to moderate free fluid.
I have appt with gyn/oncologist for a consult I was told they would probably want to biospy. but so far they just ordered a MRI before my appt .

Im worried, I did not test postive for generic hnpcc ,but my father died at 46 of colon and I was diagnosised at 41.

any words of wisdom. My kids are 16,14,11 and I really dont want to learn about another cancer. Im rather lazy, I feel like I just figured out all the colon lingo.
Anita april 2007 colondar

Postby Guest » Fri May 25, 2007 8:20 pm

Hi don't panic. Wait to see what the MRI says. My tumor on the OVARY was so big everyone was in shock because there was nothing there 3 months previous. So it was obvious that it was something to be concerned about. I opted for the full hysterectomy a decision I was struggling with but glad I did. Get a vaginal ultrasound done if you can they can tell a lot from that test also to be safe and put your mind at ease ask for a ca 125 blood test. I wish you the best, you have been ned for 21 months from Stage 4 so obviously you respond well to treatment and you are a fighter so fight on..

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”