Kytril

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
AnthonyKramer

Kytril

Postby AnthonyKramer » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:58 am

Greetings Everyone.

Well, I have my first dose of fulfox in process. I feel like a UPS worker with this big contraption hanging from my waste. Last night, my partner and fam went out for pizza and I returned to our table and forgot to buckle my regular belt, because the belt holding up the pump made it feel like everything was on tight. Well, aparently no one noticed except for my partner when we returned home. Doh!

I definitely have some bizarre sensations that go along with the treatment, particularly when I went to picked up my rx for Kytril yesterday. I have insurance that reimburses me for the drug after I pay for it out of pocket. The cost for ten pills of this stuff here in Portland, Oregon at Walgreens is $483.00 . Whoa! Surprise surprise. Hopefully those little devils :twisted: at the insurance company won't bail on me.

Ciao for now.

AK

Fishy

Postby Fishy » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:18 pm

hi, anthony, which hospital do you go to in portland? i've been at Providence Portland and OHSU. i'm kinda bad and harass(in a nice way) the nurses to slide me some samples of zofran(which i think works better than cytril).hospitals usually have a decent supply of samples.it doesn't always work, i would still have to go to the pharmacy to get the zofran(30 dollars a pill after insurance). but for the past 3 months i have went off the anti-nausea pills because the constipation they caused was more nauseating than the regular nausea. i find that if i eat 2 hours before i go to chemo, the nausea is much lighter. the nausea (for me anyways) has significantly decreased over time. i've had 45 treatments though. i had to kinda wein myself off of the pills. a few years ago when i started chemo, i would take 2 pills a day for 4 days, then i dropped to 3, 2, then 1 days. i also , eventually, was able to drop to 1 pill a day. and now, i don't take any. they have several free drug plans out there, i was never able to qualify for any of them myself,but you might be able to qualify for them though.
Jenny Fish

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:18 am

Anthony,

Prescriptions are pricey, ugh! I would encourage you to ask your oncologist for samples and lots of them. You may also qualify for assistance with the manufacturer of Kytril. If I may be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to let me know! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Big Hugs!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”