new to this site

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
NancyW217

new to this site

Postby NancyW217 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:44 am

Hi everyone!
Great to find this site! After browsing posts I was happy to find other people who have been treated in Orlando by doctors in the colon and rectal clinic. My Doctor was Dr. Williamson. He did a trans anal excision on a stage 1 cancer 5 weeks ago. (I think I have the terms right). I know it was extremely low. I stayed on the 9th floor of MD ANderson for 4 days. I know others of you have been on that floor. I was and still am very pleased with Dr W. and his care. I have had one follow up exam with blood work and then in July he had me schedule more blood work and a CT scan. He said there was almost zero chance of met. to the liver BUT it does happen. After reading on this site I am glad I am getting scanned.
I have felt like a 1/2 survivor since I was only stage 1. I mean I really have only survived diagnosis and surgery. (not to mention 2 icolonoscopies in 6 weeks time because my first doctor missed 2 polyps!). People look at me and say "you're cured! thats great!". But inside I think. "But its not over yet." And I see now stage one can be scary for others as well. I hadnt met other stage 1 people on other sites. SO this is nice.
So many of you are going through all this Chemo and radiation and I find you so brave and wonderfully supportive of each other. Hope I can be a positive force here!
Nancy :D

eitter

Postby eitter » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:05 am

Welcome Nancy!

You have found an AWESOME family here, everyone is great and helpful!

God Bless,

Liz :)
www.runlizrun.com
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

georgemma

Postby georgemma » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:21 pm

Hi, Nancy -- Don't apologize because your tumor was caught early and you didn't have to endure the chemo and radiation others had; we are all here to support one another. This is a fantastic resource, so I am glad that you found us. You had two colonoscopies nearly back-to-back, which must have sent you into a total panic. But you ended up at M.D. Anderson, and you obviously received excellent care. Your two colonoscopies remind me of an Oprah contest I entered in February for a week's trip to a spa. You had to answer in fifty words or less why you deserved to win. I wrote . . . "because I had to endure bowel prep three times in two weeks and didn't lose any weight." Naturally, someone much more deserving than I won!

NancyW217

Postby NancyW217 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:03 pm

That great! thanks! If you hear of another Oprah contest let me know!

justme

Postby justme » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:08 pm

Glad you found this site. It is very supportive, and has some great info.
stage IV c/c @ 43
cancer can not invade my soul, nor will it conquer my spirit....

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”