Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
MissKim

Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program

Postby MissKim » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Hello all,

I used to work at a Department of Energy site, particularly a facility called the Idaho Chemical Processing Plant. There were all kinds of nasty chemicals and radioactive things there. They used to reprocess spent urananium for the nuclear navy there.

Anywho, for the last several years they have been sending out brochures, posting advertisements in the newspaper asking former energy employees if they had developed cancer, beryllium sensitivity, chronic beryllium disease, or chronic silicosis. Well, I finally decided to file a claim on March 1, 2007. It was quite depressing to see the state of some of my former co-workers when I went in for my physical. If my former work as a mechanical engineer at this DOE site has caused my cancers, I will be very ANGRY!!

I just wondered if any of you were former workers of one of these Department of Energy sites. Grrrr. I just need to VENT again. It sickens me to think that there were hazards there that we, "the workers" didn't know about.

Miss Kim
dx 06/03 stage 4 cc, dx 03/07 papillary carcinoma thyroid cancer
"Live Life to Its Fullest!!!"

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:25 pm

I actually worked for this program for a short while. I was shocked at what some employees were exposed to without even knowing it or consenting to it. Scary stuff.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”