Two CC in the same family - this can't be happening.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Lifes2short

Two CC in the same family - this can't be happening.

Postby Lifes2short » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:42 pm

So the good news is that I don't have bone mets from my own Stage IV rectal cancer. It took three scans and several doctors to determine this. Seems I should breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy my moderately good health for a while.

An hour after I got the call saying I DON'T have bone mets, I got a call from my parents saying my dad has colon cancer.

It appears his condition is quite advanced. He has mets in his head and lungs. I am a bit skeptical about the brain and lung mets - afraid that the primary might be something other than colon cancer. It is so rare to see brain mets without any liver involvement. We have requested a biopsy to be sure.

I will fly home to Vermont with my little boy tomorrow. I know that my own cancer education will be helpful to them during this difficult time. He begins radiaton to his brain on Wednesday.

It just doesn't seem fair. I feel so sorry for my Mom - nobody should have to go through this twice - especially two at the same time.

Cancer is cruel.

nodo

Postby nodo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:31 pm

My prayers are with you and your family. I am sure that you will be such a help and also such an inspiration to your father and you mother.

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:48 pm

I agree, cancer is cruel. I am so sorry that you father also has to go through this nasty journey. But I am sure that you will be a wealth of information to your mom and dad. Also, your son will certainly light up the room and be a big positive for your mom and dad.

Please know that my prayers are with you and your family!!

Miss Kim
dx 06/03 stage 4 cc, dx 03/07 papillary carcinoma thyroid cancer
"Live Life to Its Fullest!!!"

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:17 pm

hi,
well congrats on the negative bone mets thats wonderful. im sorry about your dad that really sucks. im glad you and your son are able to go see him and help your mom. hope all goes well for your family.

missjv

Monique

Postby Monique » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:22 pm

Life,

I am so, so sorry to hear about your father. What a terrible shock, and yes, cancer is cruel. However, as you state, your own education regarding this disease will be a great help to him, as well as the rest of your family. Shortly after I was diagnosed with colon cancer, an aquaintance of mine was also diagnosed with colon cancer (mets to liver). Thankfully, I have been able to assist him, and he me.

Best wishes for continued health,
Monique

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”