need advise from stage iv survivors

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Fishy

need advise from stage iv survivors

Postby Fishy » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:07 pm

hi, i've been in stage IV for about 3 and a half years. from everything i read, it always seems like the people who beat stage IV do it rather quickly (within a year).i've had persistant abdominal tumors that just stay there(or grow a little).i've had two surgeries and about 45 treatments. has anybody out there been sick for several years and then got better. has anybody had stubborn tumors just decide to go away after a few years?
Jenny Fish

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:30 am

Fishy,

I am a 32 year old stage IV survivor. First, I encourage you to remember that statistics are simply numbers and can be molded to mean whatever the intended purpose. Also, all of our journeys are different and unique! That is a beautiful thing and affords us each the opportunity to learn from one another.

Congratulations on your survivorship! I encourage you to keep kickin' a little cancer a@$! You must believe that ALL things are possible! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Big Hugs!

Holly

Andrea

Stage IV & going on 1 1/2 years since diagnosed.

Postby Andrea » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:52 pm

Dear Fishy,
I feel your pain. I sometimes wonder if there will ever be an end to all of this. I have the same questions as you do. I would love to hear from a Stage IV survivor who has taken years to get to remission. I need this message of hope. I still have hope but recently I found my cancer has mutated into a chemo resistent form. I pray researchers will find a cure. Please e-mail me if you would like to talk more.
LIVESTRONG,
Andrea

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”