Andrea Update

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Fitzgeraldmom

Andrea Update

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:37 pm

Hey everyone,
I spoke to Andrea this morning and she could really use all our prayers. If you have a "prayer chain" at church, please be sure to add her name...
Please pray for her health and for her children and husband!
Thanks,
Kellie
(Fitzgeraldmom)

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:23 pm

hi,
andrea and her family have been in my prayers since i found this colon club i always think of her and wonder how she is doing. i have relatives in virginia who said they will help look for doctors around virginia who do different treatments and things for the liver so hang in there andrea we are all pulling for you and wish you the best.

missjv

tandys24

Postby tandys24 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:40 pm

I will be praying for Andrea and family.
There is power in prayer.
God Bless and Believe

michele

Andrea update

Postby michele » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:41 am

I too will continue to pray for Andrea and her family.

michele
Diagnosed Dec 2005 stage 3C
LAR Dec 2005
Mom finished chemo for stage 3B Jan 2006
I had chemo Feb 2006-Aug 2007
Currently NED

Fitzgeraldmom

Thanks....

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:21 am

Thank you to all of you who are praying for Andrea...
She has re-started chemo so she will more than likely be tired and not on colon club too often. I will let her know you all are praying for her the next time I talk to her!
Kellie

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:27 am

kellie,
any hope that the sirt spheres worked? hopefully chemo will help. has she checked into hepatic artery pump? i feel horrible i wish there was something i could do for her this cancer crap really sucks it makes me mad.

missjv

Fitzgeraldmom

Hi

Postby Fitzgeraldmom » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:58 am

Hi Missjv,
The SIR-Spheres caused her to have a big problem afterwards. Her fluid is building up and it has something to do with her liver. She told me the medical term but for the life of me I cannot remember...
She doesnt believe her doctor is being completely honest with her... I believe she said her appt. with him is today... I will give her a call later tonight to see what happened...
She has been waiting to hear if she was going to get into the clinical trial but that hasnt happened yet so she opted back for chemo... So it wipes her out big time. I feel bad doing the "reporting" for her but I know she just isn't up to it right now...
Not sure about the hepatic artery pump, I will send her an email later or ask her when we chat...
And yes, it does suck. You wish you could just shake your "bewitched" nose and everything would be fine for everyone... It just sucks that life isnt that way... And it REALLY sucks that bad things happen to such good people... Pisses me off, quite honestly!
Anyway,
Hope that catches you up....
Kellie

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:27 pm

hi,
thanks kellie for the update, andrea and her family have my prayers i know it is hard for her having two little ones im a mother myself and the first thing i thought of at diagnosis of stage 4 was my daughter and hoping like hell i can live long enough to raise her i have a huge close family and i know she would be well cared for but it is just not the same. i wonder what the sirt spheres did? maybe too much radiation? yes do ask her about hepatic artery pump to send chemo straight to liver and you can also have systemic at the same time i have one so far so good except i did get chemical hepatitis the 1st treatment but im on medication to help that.
missjv

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:28 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Andrea. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I have young children myself. Unfortunately, I can imagine how she feels - almost. It's just not fair.

As for the hepatic pump, not likely an option if her liver has been damaged. What has been helpful to one person doesn't necessarily fit for another. We are all different.

I'm sure the chemo will be difficult, sounds as if she's already weak. I so hope she'll see better days.

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:33 pm

HI,
YOUR RIGHT MAYBE PUMP WOULD NOT BE AN OPTION SINCE SHE HAS LIVER TROUBLE I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT. I JUST HOPE THERE IS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO HELP HER.

MISSJV

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”