The cover story of this week's Newsweek is cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
georgemma

The cover story of this week's Newsweek is cancer

Postby georgemma » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:33 pm

Hello all -- I haven't had a chance to read all of the articles, but you can read the current issue at Newsweek's website. I just finished the story by Jonathan Alter, the magazine's chief political analyst and writer, who was diagnosed three years ago with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He discusses the different protocols used in his treatment, his feelings and what he did to stay sane. All of us are familiar to some extent with what he went through, of course. One of his friends says that his periodic watchful-waiting scans are like visits to the probation officer . . .

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:27 pm

hi,
well the probation officer visits sound about right. waiting to be scanned every 3 months to check for recurrance is not fun but it is something i have to do at least im scanned evry 3 months and if something pops up it can be taken care of. i don't understand why tony snow had a growth that was discovered last year and they just now removed it, especially with his history that doesn't make sense you would think docs would want a growth removed right away especially in a cancer patient.

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”