interesting note in people magazine

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
missjv

interesting note in people magazine

Postby missjv » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:30 pm

hi,
i was reading an article in this weeks people magazine about elizabeth edwards and down in the corner was a small write up about tony snow and in it said 40% of people with stage 4 colon cancer with mets to the liver are alive 10 years after diagnosis, i found it interesting and relieving. just thought i would pass that along.

missjv

Carolyn JB

Postby Carolyn JB » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:01 pm

I saw that in People and was THRILLED! It was good to read a better statistic than we have been seeing

Carolyn

Erika

Postby Erika » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:45 pm

Hey all- I'd really like to know where People gets that figure considering most of the newer therapies for advanced colon cancer haven't been around for 10 years. Seems fishy. Not trying to dash hopes- no doubt many of us are living longer with newer treatment options.
Erika

missjv

Postby missjv » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:04 pm

hi erika,
well it came from dr nancy kemeny at sloan who is also my onco. i was also told that similar # when i went in for my 1st treatment i don't know if thats all of us in general or her patients i do not know for sure. i know she has been doing the hepatic pump for many years and also they have done the liver resections for many years i go see her again april 4 and i will ask how she got those figures. i just like hearing and reading stuff like that and i know it is not out of the question that many people survive stage 4 disease for years and some are cured that were given bad prognosis. how are you doing? well i hope. how often now do you get checked if you don't mind my asking?? i got upset at the media when the tony snow story came out they were saying now he has liver cancer along with colon cancer and im yelling at my tv saying no you fools it is colon cancer that spread to the liver but it is still colon cancer they finally got it right after about 2 days.

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”