artritis

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
chuck

artritis

Postby chuck » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:34 am

hello., did any one have pain in there back from having artritis. what did you do for it? I have been done with treatment for two weeks .will this get better? :?

pain in back

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:06 am

OH YES!!!! I always had untreated scoliosis and after 9 months of chemo my back started killing me. Work was almost impossible. No one understands as it is "just a back ache". I finally got them to do a bone scan and it showed degenerative disc disease - I think the chemo accelerated the back disease. I take a muscle relaxer and Morphine Sulfate 15 mg at bedtime and upon waking up and I have Dilaudid 2 mg for "breakthru" pain during the day. I'm able to manage with this regime. I keep thinking about buying one of those fancy mattresses you see advertised on TV when you are up in the middle of the night having back pain. I hope your pain gets better. INSIST on pain drugs- you are undergoing enough with chemo without having to worry about programs for making your back "stronger" etc. Phyl (pjmanes)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”