Press Secretary Tony Snow

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Press Secretary Tony Snow

Postby Edward » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:35 am

WASHINGTON - Presidential spokesman Tony Snow's surgery to remove a small growth showed that his cancer has returned, the White House said Tuesday.

Snow, 51, had his colon removed in 2005 and underwent six months of chemotherapy after being diagnosed with colon cancer. A small growth was discovered last year in his lower right pelvic area, and it was removed on Monday. Doctors determined that it was cancerous, and that his cancer had metastasized, or spread, to his liver, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

She said Snow is resting comfortably after his surgery and has pledged to aggressively fight the disease with an as-yet-to-be-determined treatment course.

"He said he's going to beat it again," Perino said in an emotional morning briefing with White House reporters. "When I talked to him, he was in very good spirits."
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

missjv

Postby missjv » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:41 am

HI,
WELL IM SAD TO HEAR OF HIS RECURRANCE AND I HOPE HE CAN BEAT IT AGAIN IT IS SURELY POSSIBLE. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE STRESS LEVEL HE WILL BE UNDER WITH THAT JOB THOUGH THAT HAS TO BE A ROUGH ONE.

MISSJV

wdt

Postby wdt » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:43 am

I am just so sorry to hear about that. Yesterday when I read the whole story about the details on CNN.com, I was looking for more information. After I read it, I have to admit, I was very concerned that it was a met, even though he downplayed that possibility in the press. It is so scary.

rthornton

Postby rthornton » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:48 am

He's definitely got a stressful job, that's for sure! It's interesting that in the past few days we have seen two high-profile people, both with political connections, announce that they are fighting advanced cancer. It will be interesting to see what treatment steps will be taken by Mr. Snow, if he chooses to be public with that aspect of his life.

rthornton

Postby rthornton » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:50 am

He's definitely got a stressful job, that's for sure! It's interesting that in the past few days we have seen two high-profile people, both with political connections, announce that they are fighting advanced cancer. It will be interesting to see what treatment steps will be taken by Mr. Snow, if he chooses to be public with that aspect of his life.

I wish him the best in his treatment/recovery.

Rodney

Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Whisper

Postby Edward » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:44 am

Now is a good time for Tony to whisper to George; we need to fully fund NIH, NCI, and CDC. Good luck!!!! :lol: :wink:
Livestrong,

Edward

Colon Cancer Class of 2002

http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”