I'm not going to put up with the BS much longer...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Molly
Site Admin

I'm not going to put up with the BS much longer...

Postby Molly » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:48 am

I got a call yesterday from someone who is still in treatment and looking for support. I'm embarrassed to say that I told her to get on this message board where everyone is supportive and she will likely have answers to her questions about her rare surgery within a few hours.

I have plenty going on right now that I would like to think that I don't have to read every single word of every single post to be sure that people are being nice to one another. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.) Unfortunately, thanks to a precious few, I do have to read every word, to be sure that someone newly diagnosed doesn't get on this board to connect, share his or her story, ask questions and get support, only to find a handful of 5th graders ruining it for everyone else.

This board is here to allow people to connect - something that was not an option for me when I was diagnosed 8 years ago at the age of 23. It's not here to be controversial, nor is it here so that people can make others feel bad.

So, here's the deal. For those of you with no home training, I'm going to give you the advice that your mother should have given you years ago. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. (If you find something extremely offensive, please let me know with a private message.)

Everyone else, please carry on. I apologize for this note...and for any others that may have upset any of you.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”