Gas Pain?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
jetlex

Gas Pain?

Postby jetlex » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

My step-brother, 30, was diagnosed with stage IV cc a couple of months ago. He's been getting Folfox and Erbitux. Last week, at home, he fell down and said he was feeling a sharp pain in his leg, like a knife stabbing him. Yesterday, he was feeling terrible gas pain. He was going for his fourth round of chemo but because of the pain, he needed to postpone it a couple of hours. He took a painkiller which seemed to help, took a nap, and started his chemo later than usual. Has anyone else experienced gas pain? Is this a side effect of Erbitux?

Thanks for any insight.

~jetlex

Christine

Postby Christine » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:33 pm

Did your stepbrother recently have a colon resection? I had a few very painful gas episodes during the first few months after my colon resection (until it was thoroughly healed).

I didn't have any episodes with Erbitux, but I only had one dose and everyone reacts differently to these drugs.

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:33 pm

Being diagnosed at stage one, I didn't have chemo. However, where I really have problems, is if I eat too much. Coming back from Chicago on my hockey team's bus a couple of weeks ago, I had too much pizza and spent the next 8 hours in agony from cramping and gas pains(Aren't they one and the same?). Live and learn, I guess.
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

eitter

Postby eitter » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:53 pm

There are so many things that can cause pain.......does he have an ostomy?! I do and I can get the worst gas pain if I eat the wrong thing. There are websites that explain common side effects, but then again each person is different on how they react.

I would have him ask his Chemo nurses they could help!
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”