Avastin side effects

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Orion

Avastin side effects

Postby Orion » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:56 am

I have been undergoing treatment with Irrinotecan,erbitux and avastin.After round two of the avastin I had a siezure which we think was related to the avastin I have since stopped the avastin but am still suffering shortage of breath. has anyone else had similar side effects and any possible suggestions for a fix.
Thanks
Orion

xyz

Avastin

Postby xyz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:52 pm

Orion, Just today I posted a query about Avastin -- my username is: blueyes but the system wouldn't send this as blueyes!

Seizures were not a part of the ill effects I experienced with Avastin (thank God!) though there were MANY others. I could understand how seizures COULD be an effect. Things I experienced were -- loss of peripheral vision at dusk/night, severe blood pressure increase with severe headaches, peripheral neuropathy on fingers and through toes into most of my feet, rapid heart rate with irregular beats, lethargy and very easy tiring, VERY achey joints, and though perhaps in combo with the meds for the high blood pressure -- weight gain of 8 pounds (on a small frame!) YUCK! Dangerous stuff. I dare say -- one more infusion (received 2, three weeks apart) -- and I likely would NOT be here today to type this reply. It has been about 9 weeks OFF the drug and just now do effects seem to be beginning to subside. HOW ARE YOU DOING!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”