Tick....Tock... Insomnia chat line

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Nat

Re: Tick....Tock... Insomnia chat line

Postby Nat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:44 am

jmarie wrote:
CRguy wrote:BUT jmarie and Nat are in da house...after hours !

Ya all we need are some beers or cocktails and could have a little after hours party lol. Its been so long I don't know if that what the still call them. And for Nat I don't think a cocktail is included in the prep :?

It's been a long time for me, too, do they still call them booze cans? I'm supposed to drink clear liquids, beer is clear is it not? A nice clear lager? lol

Lemme know if the baby doesn't put you to sleep....
Discovered colon cancer (Stage IIIC) March 2009 during surgery for appendicitis at age 38
Colon resection and 5/21 pos
Finished Folfox Oct 2009
Mom to 7yo boy and 5yo girl

jmarie
Facebook Username: Jessica Ramos Smith

Postby jmarie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:48 am

Vodka is very clear :wink:

Ok really going to bed bow. Goodnight :wink:
DX Stage IV 11/25/08
mets liver lung, kras mutant
Baby 2yrs old! I am 32yrs
Too many chemo txs to count
trying to find a clinical trial
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

DramaMom

Postby DramaMom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:44 am

Well, it's 1:40 am here in Oklahoma, and I've been up and down, fluffed pillows, made a couple of trips to the bathroom, and I'm glad to know that it's that first-night-after-chemo behavior that's making me so awake! Was going to go to work tomorrow, but I'm kind of rethinking it. If by 6:15 am I haven't slept, then I'll make a decision on whether or not to go.

I can't take anti-anxiety meds or sleep aids and function the next morning, but I did take a couple of ibuprofen and ran through my prayer lists and did some focused imaging every time that stupid pump chirps...*LOL*

You know, I have been single for 10 years, but this would certainly be a good time to not be alone...
Stage 4 colon cancer
Mets to ovaries, omentum
Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy 12/31/09
Right hemicolectomy 2/22/10
5FU, Irinotecan, Leucovorin, Avastin
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength..." Isaiah 40:31

Ellen

Postby Ellen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:36 am

just thought I'd say "hi" to the other non-sleepers out there! I tend to wake up for an hour or so around this time most nights, and here I am. The days I'm not in pain (I actually am in pain right now) it can be kind of pleasant to have a peaceful house and a little time to myself. Yet much of the time I worry that if I don't sleep soon i'll be groggy at the time I want to be getting kids ready for school. Hubby is willing to do the getting ready part for kids, but I would miss it too much. One of the brief times of day I often feel sort of like a "regular" mom.

Hope everyone is soon catching some zzzzzzzs

Ellen
Stage IV CC
Colon resect, chemo, unsuccessful liver resection 2/07-11/07
Bile leak/progression 12/07-4/08
Folfiri/Erbitux, Folfiri/Avastin 5/08-6/09
Olaparib 7/09-9/09
Folfox 10/09-1/10
MitomycinC/Xeloda 1/10-
43 Y.O: 2 children: 3 and 5.5 years.

Nat

Postby Nat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:46 am

Well, I'm still up and at it, it's 2:45am, this sucks. All I can say is hubby better be the one getting the kids ready for school b/c I will be in no shape to do it. Back to my music trivia game....
Discovered colon cancer (Stage IIIC) March 2009 during surgery for appendicitis at age 38
Finished Folfox Oct 2009

dianne052506

Postby dianne052506 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:48 am

Wished I'd stayed up last night for all the fun. I draw the line at 2 a.m., unless I don't intend to go to bed at all.

jmarie wrote: like Maggie, how old is she?.

jmarie,
Maggie is short for Margaret, who was named for my grandma, who turned out not to be a Margaret at all! How's that for confusing? My dad's mom died when I was 4. She was the first grandparent I lost. Grandpa called her Daisy.

Since I was a big reader growing up, I read Little Women fairly early. The oldest sister was Meg, short for Margaret. Do you remember near the end when Meg and John have twins? Sister Jo says, "We'll call the boy Demi-John, after his dad, and we'll call the girl Daisy, after her mom." In my mind, Daisy became a nickname for Margaret, and I decided any baby girl I ever had would be named Margaret after my grandma, and would be called Margaret.
Fast forward 14 years to when my grandpa died. Only then, did I see the headstone and figure out that Grandma was truly Daisy. I loved my grandma, but I had already made up my mind.
Maggie turned 13 on New Year's Eve. She was Magpie when she was fairly little, she is Mags to some of her friends, she is Maggie May when I need her to do something, and Margaret Amelia at night when I tell her how much I love her. 13 years old and she is not too old to cuddle and let mom read to her!
May 06 Stage IV CC: liver,ovarian mets
Oct 07 inoperable lung mets
Feb 08 - Apr'12 chemo
allergic to oxaliplatin, irinotecan
Aug '12-Feb'14 Genentech PD-L1/Avastin trial
Mar '14 -radiation to largest lung nodule
still recovering; looking at trials again

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:50 am

jmarie wrote:
CRguy wrote:Yes, I Know, I AM A Grandpa
I wasn't trying to make a snide remark about your age. I just think its funny my grandpa loves FB but my hubby can't figure it out.
Jess

Hugely NOT offended in any way..luv my new role as Grandpa, just personally think I am too young for the role !!! :mrgreen: and the FB thing is very funny......I am with your hubby on that one.

Hope you got some rest in ?? You folks all outlasted me.

Cheers
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

jmarie

Postby jmarie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:51 pm

OK I am ready for sleep. Crashed from the steroids and slept most the evening. Lilliana has a fever and runny nose though so I don't know how much sleep I'll get tonight. Pretty sure it's her teeth causing the fever, thankfully she isn't too fussy considering she has a fever. In the morning we have a contractor coming to install new kitchen cabinets and back door(YAY! 2 years in the making) so I can't really afford to be up all night. Hopefully she sleeps through the night(crossing fingers and toes)

Good luck to the rest of you with sleeping, I might be back a little later :wink:
DX Stage IV 11/25/08

Nat

Postby Nat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:27 pm

I am planning on getting a good night's sleep tonight, hope you do, too!
Finished Folfox Oct 2009

Ivona
Facebook Username: Ivona Bradley

Postby Ivona » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:09 pm

That's so weird....the best sleep I've had in years was during my chemo days. I slept like a log, never waking up. It was probably the only positive thing about chemo...oh and the weight loss..... :roll:

Now of course, with menopause around the corner...the sleep is lousy yet again....sigh....I may join in to your late night chat line! :)
dx'd Oct '08 (age 48)
T3bN2Mx
9/23 LN's
resection Nov '08
Folfox Jan '09 - March '09
Xeloda March 24/09 - July 6/09

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it's called 'the present'. "

Jen

Postby Jen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:36 am

well, here I am at 4am...many reasons why I can't sleep. The main reason is because I allow my 4yr old to get into bed with us because since this all happened I have wanted us all close together and cozy - I didn't want to miss any time with him day or night. I end up giving up my favorite pillow and being scooted off the bed. He's so cute hugging his raccoon stuffed animal. But then I am awake at some point during the night my husband is holding the other good pillow and he knows he's supposed to use one of the others...but I don't have the heart to take it and potentially wake him. Then my mind goes to my recent CEA increase that I am waiting to retest on...and what's it gonna be. I need to plan the perfect getaway to keep my mind off it because I can't stop wondering. Then there is being in menopause that doesn't help. my daytime drunk emptynester suburban neighbor asked me how things were yesterday and i said good, but it wasn't convincing...i told her about my cea rise an that i was waiting and trying not to worry...then she starts crying and hugging me...here I am telling her it'll be fine and be nothing etc. Geesh! Do people realize that it is one thing to empathize, but here I am trying to stay positive and I have to make someone else feel better about me! :shock: after that I comforted my mother who is divorcing after 43 years with my dad and yesterday was their anniversary and the first time the didn't spend it together so I spent it with her downward spiralling over a couple glasses of merlot :roll: ....no wonder why I can't sleep.
2008 March 37th Bday DX :( T3N2M0
3C Rectal Cancer, 5cm tumor, 4/33 nodes positive
28 tx IMRT Radiation, 12 tx Folfox, 1 month Xeloda
5 years NED 3/14/2013!

jmarie

Postby jmarie » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Wow Jen that sounds like a tough day!

Here I am again. I was exhausted couldn't keep my eyes open, all nice and tuckked into bed, ahhhhhhhh...

Then babygirl started fussing, hubby started sneezing and now I feel like I had a cup of coffee. Somehow I ended up the only one not getting sick and I am the one on chemo, not sure how I managed that again(same thing with swin flu last year) Lilliana has her first cold. She had the Swine flu, which was very mild when she was 6 mos or so. She is almost 15 mos old and gets her first cold. It is so miserable listening to her try to breathe when the poor thing doesn't know how to blow her nose. She is tossing and turning, fussing in her sleep. It is hard not to go hold her but I did the last two nights and didn't get any sleep. She is fine and doesn't need to be held but its like you said Jen, don't want to miss out on anything. Especially when she doesn't feel good. So now I sit here wondering if I will be here in 5 years to fuss over her when she is sick. I hope so :cry:
DX Stage IV 11/25/08

Jen

Postby Jen » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:51 am

oh jmarie, I know that desperate feeling. Luckily after my post I did go to sleep at 6am and was able to wake up at 10:30am - my nice hubby let me sleep and took care of everything. I hope your daughter feels better, I find the what if's = anti sleep. I need to get some type of serenity book for those sleepless times.
2008 March 37th Bday DX :( T3N2M0
3C Rectal Cancer, 5cm tumor, 4/33 nodes positive
28 tx IMRT Radiation, 12 tx Folfox, 1 month Xeloda
5 years NED 3/14/2013!

jmarie

Postby jmarie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:39 am

Here I am again, no steroids to blame. Anyone els still up?
DX Stage IV 11/25/08

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”