I really need your help to spread the word !!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
missingmom

I really need your help to spread the word !!

Postby missingmom » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:49 am

This is my final plea I promise. I will make it short and sweet.
I lost my mom to Colon Cancer 3 years ago. She was dx'd too late. She fought long and hard, endured two extensive surgeries, was the longest patient involved in the clinical trial for Oxiplatin but unfortnately she did not beat the beast.
I made a promise to her that I would never allow the beast to get me and had my first colnoscopy at 30 ( clean thank goodness ) and my second at 33 ( clean again thank goodness ) ... It wasn't easy finding a Dr who would do it for me... who would hear me.
We need a lot of changes, the AMA needs to stop reading the old data regarding CC and CRC and recognize 50 is too late for a whole lot of people to start screening. The time is now, when you are young enough to fight it or catch it before it starts. Too many people of dying of embarrassment because we don't talk about. I want to talk about it.
I am the cohost of a very successful internet radio talk show that raches thousands of people. I want to dedicate all 3 hours of Thursday, March 15 to CC and CRC awareness. This is my birthday as well as the 3rd anniversary of the day I buried my beautiful and brave mother. PLease join me... any and all of you... please call in... we are live form 2-5 pm EST... we run the shows in re run for the other 21 hours of the day and we download them to ipodnetworks to reach even more people.... please call in and keep calling if the lines are busy... this is our change to reach the world 1 888 257 7468 1 888 2 jr show.
Erica
If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:14 pm

MM,
It this works for you, then my birthday present to you will be to call and share my story. I've talked about it on my hockey broadcasts, had a story in the local paper and have told anyone who will listen about how getting a colonoscopy can save your life like it did mine. I'm looking forward to talking to you Thursday.
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

momof2crazyboyz

Postby momof2crazyboyz » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:50 pm

Can we listen on the internet? what is the stations name?
STOP COLON CANCER -- MOON A DOCTOR!
Stage II CC NED 3/07 (HNPCC - Lynch Syndrome)

missingmom

Postby missingmom » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:19 pm

Yes you can, it is an internet based radio alternative
Our site/ station is JRShowOnline.com
We are live 2-5 pm EST Monday through Friday and then replay the show the other 21 hours of the day for people who can't listen live... then we download to ipodnetworks.com so people can download the shows if they want to take it with them on an MP3 player....
This is how we rach the thousands of people we reach in a day lol.
Listen anytime... better yet call in on thursday... things are really shaping up... Molly will be on, Corinne from the Colander will be chatting with us lve... it's going to really spread the word... if you are calling and the lines are buy... please keep calling. I am hoping to really jam up the lines and get people talking about CRC.... no more embarrassment... no taboo...
:oops:

missingmom

Postby missingmom » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:22 pm

johnmeissner wrote:MM,
It this works for you, then my birthday present to you will be to call and share my story. I've talked about it on my hockey broadcasts, had a story in the local paper and have told anyone who will listen about how getting a colonoscopy can save your life like it did mine. I'm looking forward to talking to you Thursday.

I am really looking forward to it too.... keep kicking butt my friend.. I love the success stories and I love you open and honest way... this is going to be an upbeat show... we aren't preaching... we are just talking and we will not only he heard by thousands.. we will be LISTENED to.
Thank you so much !!!!
Erica

Noonie2

MM

Postby Noonie2 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:36 pm

Thank you! You are in a position that can and WILL spread the word. I am hoping that I can get the chance to call Thursday. (Stage IV Survivor) After diagnosed, surgeries, treatments....all I want to do is spread the word. 50+....NO WAY!! I was told that the tumor in my colon could have been growing there for 10+ years.

If I only knew then what I know now.

God Bless You! All I want to do is "Spread the Word" and Thank God, you have a fantasticI way of doing it.

Love and Prayers,
Noonie2

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”