severe stomach cramps

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
naomi

severe stomach cramps

Postby naomi » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:17 pm

HI EVERYONE!! CONGRATS TO MISSJV. MY BROTHER INLAW IS ON 5FU AND CAMPOSTAR. 1 ST TREATMENT WAS A BREEZE. NOW AFTER 2ND SVERE STOMACH CRAMPS!!!! WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND HAD TO GET MORPHINE. MY HUSBAND IS SCARED THAT THIS COULD BE A TERRIBLE SIGN THAT SOMETHING ELSE IS GOING ON. IS THIS COMMON OR NOT?
THANKS FOR LISTENING

eitter

Postby eitter » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:29 pm

Granted I had differnt Chemo then you at first, Carbo/Taxol, but I had SHARP pains that were unbearable. I also took morphine. Then no pains the next cycle.

So maybe you will be fine after the next treatment.

God Bless,
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

naomi

Postby naomi » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:04 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad your feeling better. He's going again today for another round of treatment.

missjv

Postby missjv » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:29 pm

hi naomi,
thanks for the congrats i appreciate it! has your brother received atropine when he gets his chemo? i get it automatically and they say that is what stops those stomach cramps from happening. i have always had the atropine so im not sure if i did not have it i would get the cramps but i assume the cramping is very common side effect. ask your brother to ask his nurse next time he goes for chemo. my very 1st chemo with campostar i got dizzy and had hot flashes but i was given chemo in 40 minutes when it is supposed to be a 90 minute infusion plus i had my very 1st chemo treatment to hepatic artery pump at the same time so i was not feeling well then had to leave docs office and get on a 2 hour 20 minute flight so that was a bad bad day. atropine given before campostar i think might help him.

missjv

lucky1970

Stomach cramps

Postby lucky1970 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:42 pm

Could be sign of infection, but I'm sure if he is in the hospital they will screen for it. Same thing happened to me after 1st treatment(folfox) and it turned out I had a nasty abdominal infection 4 weeks after surgery that landed me back in the hospital for 6 days.....Hope everything turns out okay...Let us know-Janet

northern lights

Postby northern lights » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:19 pm

I was on folfox which has 5 FU in it. 5 days after treatment, like clockwork, I would get horrible stomach pain. It turned out to be constipation. The pain was equivalant to labour pains, I would like on the couch and cry out.

Eventually I started taking stool softeners and a mild laxative when I started chemo and this eliminated the pain.

Sharon
Diagnosed Stage III Jan 06. Completed Treatment Oct 06. NED Dec 06,

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”