Vanderbuilt in Nashville, TN

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Carolyn JB

Vanderbuilt in Nashville, TN

Postby Carolyn JB » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:48 am

Ok - so we have been waiting for our 3-4 weeks of MD Anderson reviewing my file to see if I could get an appt. This week is week 3. Since it was going to take this long we went ahead and started chemo (folfox), when the My DR.'s office called them yesterday to see when the appt would be the lady at MD ANderson said that since I started treatment I would not get an appt. I would either have to finishe this treatment set and be restaged, then after that it would then be another 3-4 weeks before I would get an appt. Ialso talked to this woman at MD ANderson and I tried to explain, I was coming for a second opinion, etc and she said they don't give second opinions. (on the side, nobody there has even looked at my file yet - according to this woman), so my Dr. has recommended going to Vanerbuilt for a second opinion. Has anybody heard good, bad, anything about this in the colorectal cancer area? The Dr. that I would be seeing is a GI oncologist, who is very active in research and publishing, etc.

Thanks
Carolyn

Molly
Site Admin

Postby Molly » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:55 am

Carolyn, Vanderbilt is a GREAT place. Ask for Dr. Alex Parikh! ( He gets on this board occasionally.) He's AWESOME!!! ...smart, young, cutting edge...and doesn't talk like most docs!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”