Rectal cancer journey

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
RK

Rectal cancer journey

Postby RK » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:46 am

Well I am starting my third week of radiation and chemo on a 5 1/2 week journey. Stage 3 tumor with one node. Just started having diarrhea and some anal and urine burning. I have found this site very helpful so far and appreciate what everyone here is going through. I had hoped the weekend hiatus' from the radiation and chemo would help me recover a little, but it seems this weekend has been a time release formula for all that comes with radiation. So far nothing to radical from the chemo (oxyplatin and xeloda) but the radiation is starting to kick my butt (literally). I have found many of the posts very helpful in controling the burn so far and giving me at least a heads up on what to expect going forward.

Noonie2

Postby Noonie2 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:31 am

When where you diagnosed?

shel28

Postby shel28 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:33 am

I've got 4 more days of radiation to go. Wish I could say the pain doesn't get worse but it does. Well at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there.
Michelle. Stage III rectal cancer. Diagnosed Dec. 27, 2006. 28 years old. Los Angeles, CA and Denver, CO.

LA8

Postby LA8 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:59 am

I didn't have any problems with my but but did have the peeing problem. I can tell you that the bladder burning will eventually go away!

RK

Rectal cancer journey

Postby RK » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:17 am

I was diagnosed on Feb 2 2007, had the cat scan on my 57 birthday Feb 7, the ultrasound on my 33rd wedding anniversary Feb 9. I researched various treatment options the week of Feb 12 and started treatment at City of Hope on Feb 19. Treatments lasts until March 28th.

Surgery will come 8 weeks from the end of radiation-chemo and if we have shunk the tumor enough I will be able to be saved from a bag.

Only thinng bothering me now is that I just started bleeding again so I hope that doesn't mess with getting these treatments done on time.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”