Delicate problem

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Loopy369

Postby Loopy369 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:49 am

Hmmm never mind the tiredness and internal problems being a blocker to meeting someone, I've got an early menopause to go through, does that mean I'm going to be even MORE irrational and moody - not to mention sweaty, forgetful - getting fatter on HRT etc.

:evil:

Are boys impressed by big scars I wonder - maybe that could work as an ice breaker, lifting my top? No? Oh. Well maybe I'll just set up a cancer patient dating website - the likes and dislikes can be replaced with "side effects I can tolerate" and "side effects that I'd rather avoid".
Lisa

36, single mum of two (14 and 12) diagnosed Jan 07
Stage 3b (Rectal at 15cm)
7 weeks 5FU 24/7 Feb/Mar 07 with 5 weeks radiation.

TME, creation of J pouch and loop ileostomy 6th June 07
Another PICC line and 6 months chemo start 16th July 07

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:31 am

Do I see a Singles Semicolons Dating service business oipportnity here?

LizG

Postby LizG » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:34 pm

You are sooo funny. Too bad I don't live in the UK!!! Can you imagine?? Finally some one has made me laugh about this....I am very glad to be alive, I just wish I could be more quiet about it.

Loopy369

Postby Loopy369 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:37 pm

:oops: my good friend (and boss at work) came to see me this weekend and my (pre op I may add) insides were making soo much noise she thought it was a car going past. When a car did go past she still wasn't convinced it wasn't me - says it's like I can throw my gurgles like a ventriloquist throws his voice. I said it's just low tech virtual surround sound..............
Lisa

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:34 pm

Magnolia,
When I read your post I first assumed you were an ostomate? Then I reread and thought I might be wrong. Anyhow, if you have a colostomy, then there are lots of products on the market with good charcoal filters.
For the most part, gas isn't a problem for me. The filter takes care of most of the offensive odors.

Who ever thought there'd be beneifits to having a bag?!!

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:10 pm

Nope, no bag. I have been taking activated charcoal and probiotics. It seems to help. Beano helps too if I know I'm going to be eating something that's a real problem.

northern lights

Postby northern lights » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:40 am

Liz,

I hear you. I am single (in Canada) too. And I can't imagine dating right now. My co-workers understand, but they are all army guys so they couldn't care less.

Oh well, maybe one day....
Diagnosed Stage III Jan 06. Completed Treatment Oct 06. NED Dec 06,

LizG

Postby LizG » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:23 am

Hi Loopy369,
Speaking of scars... I finally did go on a date...with a man who had had heart bipass surgery. Before I told him about my situation, we were discussing his surgery and he unbottoned his shirt to show me his scar. I couldn't help thinking how easy this was for him and what he would think if I exposed my lovely jagged scar... men have it simple even when it comes to fatal diseases...
Which brings me to the menopause thing...My moods are actually better without that constant monthly cycle...yeah, now I'm a bitch all the time-just kidding!!! Gotta laugh. I got a lecture about HRT from my surgeon because colon and breast cancer have some kind of link. So I'm sweating it out on my own. Good thing I live in Canada and it's often cold. Come to think of it, I remember it being pretty chilly in Lincs. Dress lightly.

Loopy369

Postby Loopy369 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:42 pm

Ooo a date Liz! And he started to undress, how very forward of him!

Do tell if anything progressed...........? As for HRT - I'm a bit confused about what will happen, it's been mentioned for "in the future" as a probability but time to worry about the details once I've got the surgery and more chemo out of the way, I don't suppose a few hot spells in the scheme of things will make my life that much worse.

I'm more worried about bones and my face ageing and getting fat(ter), though I'm sure there is no need these days to worry, there must be nutritional ways around things and as I've just had a week's period, followed by a week of sore radiated bleeding skin, then another week of period PLUS bleeding sore radiated skin I'm thinking just pleae stop the cycles however frequents NOW! How long have you been sweating it out?
Lisa

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”