My Sweet Kisa Hughes

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Holly

My Sweet Kisa Hughes

Postby Holly » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:50 pm

My sweet Kisa died at 5:15 p.m. this evening. As broken as my heart is, I know that Kisa is no longer suffering and is in Heaven with God. I can not express in words how grateful I am to each of you who prayed for my friend.

Kisa, two and a half years ago you, Nancy and I were going to save the world and kick a little cancer a#$. I feel so lost without you both at my side to walk through this journey. I will forever miss you and your physical presence but I know within the depths of my heart that you and Nancy will be with me all the days of my life.

My friend, you touched my heart and my soul in ways I will never be able to express in words. My life will be undoubtedly more whole having known you and I am grateful to God for such a blessing.

With all my love,

Holly

tandy24
Facebook Username: Lisa Tandy

Postby tandy24 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:42 am

I am so sorry for your loss. She was so young. I will pray for her family.
God Bless and Believe,

Carolyn JB

Postby Carolyn JB » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:59 am

Holly,

I am so sorry - I am new to the list and don't really know Kisa's story. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kisa'a family
Hugs
Carolyn

Mali

Dearest Holly

Postby Mali » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:02 pm

Dearest Holly

Despite your pain in losing a dear friend you still have managed to remember me and send me your best wishes.

In return, dear Holly, I send you mine. What beautiful words you have for Kisa, that your life will be better for having known her.

I'm sorry for your loss, I wish you love, peace and strength.

God bless you Holly.

With love
Mali

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:33 pm

Holly,
I am so sorry for your loss. It doesnt seem to get easier does it.
I pray for comfort for you and her family in this difficult time.
Anita

Dana

I'm so sorry

Postby Dana » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:01 pm

Holly, I'm so sorry for your loss. I am lost for words I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Kisa's family.
A huge hug
Dana

bossan

Postby bossan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:43 pm

Saying a prayer for you and Kisa...
How Beautiful Can A Being Be?
My Personal Forum: http://z8.invisionfree.com/colorectalk
My Story (scroll to the bottom of page 1) http://www.colonclub.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

justme

Postby justme » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:17 am

So sorry for the loss of your friend. Saying a prayer for you and all the people that Kisa's life has touched.

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am

Holly,
You are an amazing woman and I know you'll find the strength to get through this and carry on. I always enjoy talking to you and am inspired and encouraged by your strength and compassion. Thank you for being my friend. You can call me antime you feel the need to. You are in my prayers.
John
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:47 am

Southern California is lovely and I see why Kisa loved it so. I enjoyed hearing the birds sing this morning. I will spend a peaceful day by the sea reflecting and appreciating my many blessings. I am grateful to each of you for your prayers.

Tandy, Thank you.
Carolyn, Thank you and welcome to the Colon Club.
Mali, Thank you. No matter how near or far you will always be with me.
Anita, it does not get any easier.
Dana, hugs back atcha.
Bossan and Justme, Thank you.
John, I am just a girl. Lovely to talk to you.

Holly

kali

Postby kali » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:43 am

Kisa was a dear friend of mine also. She very kind and graceful. There were plenty of nights that I could not sleep and I would call her up. I was a bit selfish and knew she would be asleep but she never failed me. I would say, "Kisa Hughes, you sleep?" She would clear her throat and say, "I'm up, how you doing?" She was always willing to pray with me and for me during my ups and downs. She was very supportive. What an angel she was. I could ask god,"why?" but I would rather tell god thanks for sending me an angel. Two years ago, she called and told me that she had cancer but she had no fear in her voice. She saw it as an opportunity to have a testimony for god's grace. She was a true fighter and I loved her dearly. Wont have anyone to call in the middle of th night but I am very thankful to god for the time I had with her.

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:21 am

Even though I didn't know Kisa personally, it blesses me dearly to hear that she knew the Lord and wasn't afraid to share Him!! You are so right Kali when you say we could ask God "why", but giving "thanks" for letting Kisa be a part of your life is so much more healing. We WILL know why someday, but for now just trying to accept things for what they are and enjoying the chance to know this loving, caring bundle of radiance called "KISA" is a GIFT from God we can hold onto!!!! It doesn't lessen the hurt, but sure gives us hope to hang onto knowing that someday we WILL see her again if we know the LORD as she did!! Thank you Holly and Kali for sharing Kisa with those of us who didn't know her personally.

Peg

Maria Villamil

Winds of flight-- I'm here in solidarity with all of you

Postby Maria Villamil » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:39 pm

The wind the carries your flight, is wind of love and beauty
The wind the lifted our heart and made us smile during your presence
The serenity and peace you brought to my life when i met you is something i took for granted
I only wish that my physical presence in your life, had been more..
I think of the beautiful moments and lives we touched when we worked in Watts.
My beautiful sister you were so graceful in everything you did.
I hear your voice speaking to me letting me know that your in a better place and it heals my heart knowing that you are not suffering any more.
I know you know that even though I was not always there in the last two years,
I always had you in my prayer.
Knowing that your physical body was suffering was so painful for so many of us that love you and wanted to see you well.
I struggle to fight this anger that i don't want to feel, I know that creator had other plans for you, but i can't help think of how unfair things can be.
My beautiful sister as you leave this physical world, you once again leave us with such beauty and lessons to learn!
You remind me of how beautiful and short life can be, you have reconnected old friends and relationships once again.
You have inspired me to love life even more and reconnect with you in a spiritual way.
Kisa you will always travel with in my heart and spirit
My children and I love you and will honor your spirit and continue to build bridges of community and justice in this physical world.
My sister, hero and friend
I send with the wind and from the four directions my love and sincere hug as you travel into the spiritual world with our ancestors and all relations.
Your flight with the butterflies and creator will forever inspire and bring love to all of those you loved and blessed with your presence.

LOVE YOU KISA
Until we see each other again!

Your Brown sistah
3/2/07
Maria Villamil

Unca Jesse

Kisa

Postby Unca Jesse » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:30 am

Kisa,

One of the warmest, gentlest souls I've ever met. I remember your gentle warm smile as you bent down, embraced and called me uncle- evern though it was the first time we met. Why is it that we can never recognize that we are in the prsence of greatness or embrace the candle in the wind?

God blessed us all with your presence in this time and space!

Unca Jesse and the Carter Family

Nickey Hilbert-Woods

Kisa will be missed

Postby Nickey Hilbert-Woods » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:19 pm

Kisa and I first met as roommates at UCLA back in 1992. It was my freshman year and her first year at UCLA after transferring from CSUF. We were also teammates on the women's basketball team.

Kisa had the most beautiful spirit and the light of God shined so brightly in her. Although I will miss her dearly, knowing what I know about how wonderful heaven is, I know if she could come back to us from heaven, she wouldn't. This life is, afterall, preparation for the next. No one was better prepared than Kisa. She is in a better place!

I am so glad I had the opportunity to know Kisa, and my life is better for it. Kisa was one of the nicest, if not, THE NICEST person I've ever met in my life.

Rest in peace friend.

Nickey

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”