My Sweet Kisa Hughes

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
dskucla

Remembering Kisa

Postby dskucla » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:56 pm

It was so very odd that I came across Kisa's obituary in the Times the other day. I knew (though not well) Kisa when we were at UCLA. As I recall, she was among the most graceful, beautiful, and sweetest people I have had the opportunity to meet in my life. Very down to earth!

Last night I mentioned to my wife, Sheila, that Kisa had passed away and she immediately remembered her from our time there.

Colon cancer is such a dreaded illness, yet my guess is that Kisa dealt with it with ALL of her aforementioned grace, beauty, and sweetness.

With deepest sympathy,

Dan

Jen

Postby Jen » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:29 pm

I roomed with Allison and Z freshman year at UCLA. Kisa and Nickey would often come by our suite to hang out or meet up with team members. I occasionally walked to class or the cafeteria with Kisa, too.

I'll always remember her warm, friendly smile, and how she put everyone around her at ease. Nickey, Kisa, Al, and Z cracking each other up in the suite...good memories.

My most sincere condolences to all of her loved ones,

Jen

juliebkormcr

in memory of Kisa Hughes

Postby juliebkormcr » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:32 am

:cry: [color=orange][/color]
We were with all of you in thoughts and prayers as you said farwell to your much loved Kisa last week...your love for this amazing woman spoke volumes of precious Kisa's personality.We feel we know her despite never having had the blessing of a personal introduction...we have been really blessed to meet Kisa's very precious sister (despite living on the opposite side of the earth).... Kilee loved Kisa so,so much.
Everyone's tributes have been beautiful...so beautiful that I needed to write something in Kisa's honor also.Thank you....

FamilyofKisa

Inquiring about where to donate for Kisa Hughes's foundation

Postby FamilyofKisa » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:12 pm

To All:

Thank you for your kind notes. She will forever be remembered. Many of you have been inquiring about where to donate funds for Kisa's Scholarship Foundation which is currently being established. You can do so to the attention of: Scott Lee

Please make checks payable to:

LACC c/o Yo Watts!
1513 E. 103rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90002

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”