Did I overdo it?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
johnmeissner

Did I overdo it?

Postby johnmeissner » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:39 pm

About a week ago, where my incision turns left to go around the belly button, it split a little and dropped a touch of blood. Did I just overdo it a little? I mentioned this while on the phone with Molly today and she said I probably did. Being as smart as she is, she's probably right, right?

Nothing to worry about, right?
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:44 am

When did you have surgery? It's probably OK, but I can't remember how old that incision is. You may want to give your doc a call to be on the safe side. Can't hurt. If it's still healing, overdoing it can certianly cause a little pull, but you want to be sure that's all it is.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:45 am

I washed my car a couple of months after surgery. I regretted it. No bleeding, but a LOT of soreness in the incision.

RobinS

Postby RobinS » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:04 pm

That part of my incision was the last to heal and caused pain and soreness for months afterward. It sounds like you overdid it, but I would contact your doctor for peace of mind.
Robin

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Magnolia wrote:When did you have surgery?

August 21st.
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:42 pm

August was a while ago. Some of these things take a while to heal, though. Give your doc a call. Better not to guess.

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:21 pm

We just reestablished insurance, so I can call on Monday and schedule an appointment. :D

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:45 am

Hey Johnny, How's your belly button?

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:45 am

It's slowly scaring over. But, now I have other concerns. I am having some discomfort in my belly and just yesterday, I picked up my bowling bag, which had just come via UPS, after I left it behind in Florida. Total weight is about 30 pounds. After picking it up, I regretted it, partly because it was heavy(even heavier than the radio gear I schlep around to my games) and partly because I don't remember it being that heavy. Which, of course, begs the question: Should I forget about bowling for awhile? It's something I really enjoy doing, but haven't done in about six years. I also want to get back into officiating ice hockey too, but now I'm wondering if I should forget that too?

Yes, I am going to go see my doctor. I'm just waiting for a call back from the nurse to schedule the appointment I cancelled in February when we were without insurance.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:26 am

Your abdominal muscles are very weak after surgery. It will take a while to build them back up again. Most of us feel wierd twinges and pains that scare the doo doo out of us from time to time. Just be gentle with those abs and see your doc about the incision. Work up to your previous activities gradually. Keep us posted.

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:59 pm

Update time:

I am getting real tired lately, with a lot of abdominal discomfort and some pain. Yesterday, I even had a nose bleed(Probably completely unrelated). Should I really be concerned, or is this level of paranoia nothing unusal after a resection, even seven months(tomorrow is the 7 month anniversary of my surgery) post op?

Should I really be concerned?

Huh?

Should I? Huh? Should I? :cry:

missjv

Postby missjv » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:01 pm

hi,
well if your tired and have discomfort go see a doc and get some bloodwork done and a scan. i know you were pronounced cured and im sure you are but go and get checked i was first diagnosed a stage 0. then i went to stage 4 in about 10 minutes with mets to liver from a 1 1/2 mm sized polyp which i was told was a nothing, had clear margins at polypectomy no vascular invasion according to path reports yet it somehow got to my liver i was in a 4% bracket of having such a fluke thing happen. so please go see doc you could very well just have scar tissue problems but be safe and get checked.

missjv

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:01 am

Johnny, I think heebie jeebies are perfectly normal. I've been having a few of those myself. I've been feeling tired and having wierd abdominal stuff going on, and, of course, imaging all the worst. In all probability, both of us are fine, but getting the official word will be reassuring. I'm getting my next scan a bit early just to be sure. In the unlikely event that all is not well, finding out sooner rather than later is to our advantage.

But let me say again, heebie jeebies are normal. We all worry. It's a scary feeling being out on the trapeze without a net. Getting in for that check up will be very reassuring.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”