Calf cramps anyone?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
MzApe

Calf cramps anyone?

Postby MzApe » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:37 pm

I'm on Chemo cycle #3 of FOLFOX 6 plus Avastin and in addition to several peculiar neurological things - twitchy eyelids, non-functioning thumbs, that type of tolerable stuff - I get major cramps in my calves. It feels like I ran a marathon yesterday. Does anyone get that reaction? I feel like the stereotypical little old lady shuffling around until I can walk it out. And it happens every time I sit or lie down even for a short time. Sound familiar to anyone? Got any suggestions, vitamins, stretches to help? I'm not sure what drug causes it, but it seems to get worse each cycle. Anyone else shuffling around out there?

Also I have to give super kudos to a wonder drug called Emend. It has totally changed my Chemo week from hell to a pretty normal couple of days. If you get bad nausea/vomiting, and all the joys of dehydration that go along with it, talk to your MD about Emend. PRICY little buggers, but worth every penny if N/V is making your chemo week terrible.
* to make headway, change your head*
43, mom of 2, Stage IV -7cm liver met, dx 1/9/07, chemo Jan-June'07, liver chemoembo. 8'07, 20 cm colon removed 9'07, liver RFA 10'07, NED for 3? months, 8cm liver tumor 5'08, chemoembo 5'08, chemo 6'08 <><

tandy24
Facebook Username: Lisa Tandy

Postby tandy24 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:40 am

Hi,
I was on Lev. and OxyPlat. everyother week along with a 5FU push and then my buddy pack with 5FU for 48 hours. I had the twitchy eyelids, numbing, and cramps in my legs as well. I have been off the chemo for a little over a month now and my hands and feet are still going numb.
I was on Emend also, It is wonderful isnt it.
Good Luck!
God Bless and Believe,

Frank G

Postby Frank G » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:14 am

i had leg cramps early on.I took a few pottassium pills and it cleared up.

Luv2Run

Postby Luv2Run » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:36 pm

I finished my chemo last March (hey! already 1 year!). I STILL get that darn twitch in my left lower eyelid every so often. I also get some tingling in my left foot only.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”