Uterine Biopsy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
momof2crazyboyz

Uterine Biopsy

Postby momof2crazyboyz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:01 pm

Has anyone had a uterine biopsy? I am a Stage IIB cc survivor and just finished chemo and this is one of the test that I need in a couple of months. I was wondering -- did it hurt? and what to expect. Thanks Cathy 8)
STOP COLON CANCER -- MOON A DOCTOR!
Stage II CC NED 3/07 (HNPCC - Lynch Syndrome)

JAZZToo

Postby JAZZToo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:15 am

Cathy:
I had a uterine biopsy 12 years ago for post-menopausal spotting. It felt like a quick pinch similar to a PAP test with some mild cramping and staining afterwards. The diagnosis was Stage I endometrial adenocarcinoma which was cured by removal of the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes (TAH BSO), since it was caught at the earliest stage. then 8 years later I developed colon cancer. Apparently, if you have had colon you are at greater risk of developing endometrial and if you have endometrial you have increased risk of developing colon cancer. My gyn-oncologist/surgeon had told me my children would be at increased risk of colon cancer, but never bothered to inform me that I was. I naively figured 1 cancer to a customer.
Good Luck with your biopsy.
JAZZtoo

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”