What can I do?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
tandy24
Facebook Username: Lisa Tandy

What can I do?

Postby tandy24 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:28 pm

Hello everyone,
As all know March is colon cancer awareness month. I want to help in some way to let people know how important the month of March is. I have emailed all the local news channels asking them to please have a segment on colon cancer awareness for March urging people to get their colonoscopys. I have a small business so I left a voice mail on my work phone...march is colon cancer awarness month, dont foget those colonoscopys!! But is there anything else I can do? Any ideas? I just want to get the word out to as many as I can how important early detection is.
Thanks any input would be great!
God Bless and Believe,

missjv

Postby missjv » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:32 pm

HI,
WELL EMAIL OPRAH! THIS CANCER NEEDS THE ATTENTION THAT BREAST CANCER GETS THATS FOR SURE. I KNOW YOUR IN TAMPA AREA CHANNEL 8 IS PROBABLY YOUR BEST BET IRENE MAHER DOES ALOT OF HEALTH REPORTS AND SHE IS GOOD.

MISSJV

Christine

Postby Christine » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:29 pm

You can go to the C3 Colorectal Cancer Coalition website (www.fightcolorectalcancer.org) for some information about calling your congressperson.

The Colorectal Cancer Network (www.colorectal-cancer.net/advocacy.htm) also has some advocacy information and ideas for you to help raise awareness.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:37 am

Sounds like you've done a lot already! Congratulations and thank you! The above suggestions are good one if you'd like to do more.

The breast cancer activists have done so much for their cause. We need to do at least as much. No time like the present. It's not just about boobies any more!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”