In Memory of Rebecca Dague

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Holly

In Memory of Rebecca Dague

Postby Holly » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:48 pm

It is with much sadness that I learned that Rebecca Dague lost her valiant battle with colon cancer on Thursday, February 22, 2007. From Medina, Ohio, Rebecca was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer September 2003 and was an strong patient advocate for colorectal cancer research and funding.

Rebecca was an inspiration and will be missed. For those who did not know her pesonally, I have provided this link for you to read more of her remarkable journey:

ga1.org/C3/notice-description.tcl?newsletter_id=2309289

Always,

Holly

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:55 pm

hi,
what a shame, my sympathys to her family.

missjv

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:39 pm

hi holly,
i went to the link you mentioned but i could not find her story only the webpage but there were no links on there. i would like to read her story, even though it is depressing,can you try again to send the link? i read another story about another young mother who died from this crap ass disease www.jenniferireland.blogs.com it was so sad she was so young and had to small children also.

missjv

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:33 pm

MissJV,

Here is a different link:

https://www.fightcolorectalcancer.org/m ... /index.php

Yes, Jennifer was a young, strong stage IV colon cancer survivor who passed away a few weeks ago. She and her remarkable spirit, too, will be missed.

Holly

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:15 pm

hi holly,
well thanks for the link. i just get so depressed reading these stories of people with such courage who have been fighting non stop to survive and they don't make it, but thats the only thing us cancer survivors can do is fight and spread the word about this disease. i just want people to be aware of how fast a polyp can turn into stage 4 disease and that there is alot of times no symptoms of this cancer, i just wish the government would drop the recommended screening age for colon cancer to thirty cause if i would have got colonoscopy at 30 i would not be in the sitution that i am in and either would alot of us on this board, yes i had a relative but it was a great uncle who died in his late 70's not a direct relative like a parent or sibling, so i didn't go earlier for screening. colon cancer needs the publics awareness like breast cancer has received, i know people don't want to talk about their butts but it could save more lives i think oprah needs a colon cancer show.

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”