1 year since those 3 dreadful words

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
etl

1 year since those 3 dreadful words

Postby etl » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:48 pm

Hi all

December 6th 2005 will be 1 year since my colon cancer diagnosis. I posted a message back in February (I think) on this inspirational site. since then I have checked in and read some stories to keep myself upbeat and positive. It has been a really tough year. I have Stage 4 colon cancer with Liver Mets. Since last year I have had 3 major surgeries several complications, infections several rounds of Chemo well most of you can imagine what type of year it has been. I should be done with Chemo sometime in the spring and my last catscan was clear -AMEN. I feel very confident that I am going to beat this beast! I have a wonderful husband an adorable 4 year old son a understanding employer and good friends so I consider myself lucky. Just wanted to say to all stay positive this beast is beatable! God bless you all and Happy Holidays. Eileen NJ Thanks Molly..

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:54 pm

Eileen,

Congratulations on your survivorship~It is a beautiful thing! I, too, am a stage IV survivor and currently without evidence of disease! This holiday season, I wish you a long , blessed life and holiday cheer throughout the year! Keep kicking a little Cancer Butt!

Hugs!

Holly

etl

Postby etl » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:38 pm

Holly
Your very kind and thanks for the reply. It is so good to hear from a Stage IV survivor. When I was first diagnosised with cancer we did not know what stage but I knew it was bad (I was sick for almost 2 years going back and forth to the Doctors-- such a long story but a colonoscopy finally discovered a tumor!) eventually a MRI of the liver determined spread. I think that news was more devastating than when I was first told I had cancer! Anyhow I searched and searched the web for survivor stories of Stage IV colon cancer and well you probably know what type of statistics I came across. But low and behold I found this site and actually met a person through a friend who has been through everything, I am currently going through (less complications yeah I am jealous!) I have always been positive to beat this beast but have to admit to feeling a little down lately I have been through so much over the past year and almost did not make it but I did!!! I am on Chemo now (for preventative measures) and I feel pretty sick most of the time. But I will get through it! Just want to say thanks for the response and your e-mail just what I needed. Stay well. Eileen

Jen Blaire

Postby Jen Blaire » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:51 am

Just wanted to say, keep up the good work. I still have a ways to go for my year anniversary, but I am positive and hopeful and know that day will come, and many years after that too. :wink:
Stage III rectal cancer survivor, Age 21, and Miss September 2006 Colondar model

etl

1 yr anniversary

Postby etl » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:13 pm

Thanks Jen. Keep up the good spirits you are young and that means strong to fight this beast! Hope to hear from you on your anniversary! I will be looking for you in the Calendar. September 06 will be my 40th b-day I plan on feeling well and looking fabulous! Stay well. Eileen

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”