Colonoscopy results

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mtpat

Colonoscopy results

Postby mtpat » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:28 am

Hi everyone,
I found your board several months ago while researching some symtpoms that I had. When my problems worsened, my doc suggested a colonoscopy. It was a very long, hard, anxious wait of 6 weeks before I had my test today. I am very happy to let you all know that I received a clean bill of health concerning my test....not even a polyp!
You all were very helpful in answering questions for me and helping me to calm down some. I probably had 80% of the symptoms of colon cancer. And I probably made myself sicker with all the worrying I did; and just as everyone had advised, it didn't help to worry.
I wanted to thank you all for the support that you offered. And if it's OK, I'm going to continue to follow the discussion board and keep you all in my prayers.
If anything, I have now learned so much about colon cancer. I will be a vocal advocate of screening.
Thank you
Pat

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 am

Congrats, Pat. I'm so happy for you. Just goes to show that, even with symptoms, most people DON'T have cancer. It's not just the ones that do that make screening worthwhile. There's the issue of peace of mind knowing everything's OK. I know you know that's worth more than you can quantify. All in all, doing the heiney scope thing is not a bad idea.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”