Sever Pain End of Radiation for Colorectal Cancer

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mikeymike

Sever Pain End of Radiation for Colorectal Cancer

Postby mikeymike » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:35 pm

I am in my 4th week of radiation and chemo for colorectal cancer. I use 5FU 24 hour pack and get radiation every day. The pain is starting to become unbearable and I have to go to the bathroom several times a day. Yesterday I went 8 times and it just made the pain even worse.

Does anyone have any reccomendations on how to ease the pain. I have painkillers, have used tylonol, use aquafor, soak pads my radiologist gave me and biofin cream. If anyone has any other home remedies or otherwise that I have not tried please let me know.

Thanks
Mike

Luv2Run

Postby Luv2Run » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:23 pm

Have your onocologist/radiologist to give you a prescription for either MimyX Cream or Atopiclair Cream. My dermatologist prescribed it and I wish I knew about it while undergoing radiation instead of several months later.

I am a whole 14 months post-radiation and still using the cream - it makes the skin feel GREAT!

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:40 pm

I used Biofin, aquafor, warm baths and lots of oxycontin. I also wore loose pants and silk boxers. It's miserable. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Just know that it will be over soon.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”