stressed,no real answers and confused!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Carolyn JB

stressed,no real answers and confused!

Postby Carolyn JB » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:47 am

We met with the cardiothorasic surgeon today (who was great) to talk about the lung nodules. There are about 6-7 of them - all small. My oncologists REALLY wants to know whats in there before we start treatment. But the oncologists would also like it the surgeon could clear the lung. So basically we went from a VATS procedure to a thorasic surgery thing which is a big surgery. All this and I have not started chemo yet!!!! My rectal surgery was the 17th, if I do this surgery I won't be able to start chemo for atleast another month - and I can't have this surgery for about 2 more weeks since I have a cold...... Right now I feel so overwhelmed. I want to get started on the chemo!! I am sorry, I just so overwhelmed. We need to talk to the oncologist who is out of until Wed. and we are still waiting ont eh MD Anderson appt. - we should hear something this week! I go from feeling strong to just I don't know

Carolyn

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:25 pm

hi,
i know your upset but if they suspect cancer then get them out of there. if they are in spots where they can be removed then do it cause alot of people end up with mets that are not operable so if they think they can get them all then great then start on chemo. i know this whole cancer thing sucks i have been through chemo, colon and liver resection and now more chemo but there is light at the end of the tunnel and we will all get through this crap. keep us posted.

missjv

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”