Extreme Home Makeover

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Extreme Home Makeover

Postby Edward » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:05 pm

I never watch the show but for some dumb reason I watched tonight. The Creasy Family from North Carolina was featured. The mother is a teacher and Stage IV colon cancer patient.

What scared me was her out of pocket medical expenses were $1400.00 a month. A telling moment was when the husband and Ty were looking at the exterior. Two sides were compared side by side. The husband pointed out to a little remodeling and said precancer and then pointed to the in need of repairs side and said post cancer.

They talked about colon cancer the whole show, but mentioned early detection for about 2 seconds and a website that I forgot the name. Anyone remember????
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

hannahw

Re: Extreme Home Makeover

Postby hannahw » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:56 am

They said "colon" on tv? Repeatedly? Do the "eew, gross" police know about this? I don't really watch this show, but I did look at the website and was disappointed that they didn't specifically reference colon cancer so it's nice to know that they didn't shy away from using the word "colon" on the program. It's too bad they didn't use the opportunity to raise awareness about screening and early detection, but something is better than nothing. I think I'll try to watch the episode if it's streamed someplace like hulu.com.
Daughter of Dad with Stage IV CC

Polarprincess

Postby Polarprincess » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:21 am

you can watch it right on abc.com. they said she had stage 4 but just said it spread to her lymph nodes and into her bloodstream and was not curable. They did not specify that it was anywhere else.
42 y/o Diagnosed Stage IIIa (T1 N1 of 26 M0) July 2008
LAR July 24 2008
Supposedly benign polyp with
invasive tubulovillous adenocarcinoma
12 cycles Fulfox
28 days chemoradiation
Finished April 20th 2009
Currently NED

tdsamal
Facebook Username: malby.tammy

Postby tdsamal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:07 am

I decide that I wanted to watch it and I had mixed feelings. They only said that she was a stage IV and that she was not curable. They did need a new house. They had to put off repairs because of the cost of chemo.They spent $1400 a tx( my bill just came for my first one and it was $7600!) There was a small blurb at the end about getting checked early, but I felt that they could have done more to promote early detection. This was a perfect opportunity and they just fell a little short. I must say it was kind of hard to watch even my husband said so. I felt happy for the family. Everyone that goes through this deserves a little happiness.
Dx st IV CC & colon resection 11/09
Way to much to list
Last recurrence December 2017

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”