Post # 500: I am not bullet proof

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Holly

Post # 500: I am not bullet proof

Postby Holly » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:21 am

Wow, 500 posts. I thought by the time I made it thus far I would have something truly remarkable to share. What I do know is that I am not bullet proof. Rather, I am just a girl who was diagnosed with colon cancer who feels pain, sorrow, joy and realizes that we are all human.

I do know that many of you have touched my heart and my spirit in ways I can not fully nor accurately express in words. You All Rock! As much as I may inspire you through my posts, each of you inspires me and I thank you. Like my tulips, each of you represents my hope and God’s many blessings. I encourage each of you to continue to plant your tulips. If I had it my way, there would be tulips in front of every cancer center around the world.

It is my hope that each of us understand that the world is a really big place and when we close our eyes and exhale long enough it is only then we can truly appreciate there's more to the world than simply ourselves. Each of you are in my continued thoughts and prayers and I ask that you trust that God has his arms wrapped tightly around each of us to help us deflect our bullets.

All things are truly possible,

Holly

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:12 am

Wow, 500 posts! I have along way to catch up Holly!! LOL

You are so right. None of us are bullet proof, none of us has the magic bullet, and no fairy dust, but we DO have people like you and others here on the Colon Club for support and to cheer us on!! You and others here have been right there for me through my journey and I thank you all for that.

Even though we don't have that magic bullet or fairy dust, we ALL can have the peace of knowing that there really IS someone bigger out there. HE can take our stress, fear, uncertainty, pain, disappointments so we don't have to deal with so much on our plates and concentrate on those that HE gave the knowledge to help make us better. Because we don't have to take all those things on ourselves, WE can focus more on healing and kicking that cancer butt!!! The trick is coming to grips with the fact that we can't do it ourselves and to have faith enough to let go of it.

The weather is getting nicer here so those beautiful Tulips will soon be coming up Holly!! We have faith that each year they will bloom and they do!!!

Thanks you Holly and everyone else here for letting HIM use YOU to help us ALL dodge those bullets together!!

Peg :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”