Courtney: A Remarkable Human Spirit

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Holly

Courtney: A Remarkable Human Spirit

Postby Holly » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Many of you may not know this young woman but she and her family are most remarkable. At the tender age of 17, Courtney was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer. Now 18, she continues her difficult journey. On Christmas Eve, I was afforded the opportunity to talk to this young woman on the telephone. She has an infectious laugh, radiates in positivity and is simply a remarkable human spirit.

I talked to her mum, Mary, recently and learned that Courtney's make a wish has been granted. Her family will soon enjoy a peaceful holiday in sunny Hawaii.

Courtney, may all your wishes come true and know that you will be in my continued thoughts and prayers! Kiddo, ALL THINGS ARE TRULY POSSIBLE!

Always,

Holly

Holly

Courtney

Postby Holly » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:47 pm

It is with much sadness to write that Courtney at the tender age of 18 passed away peacefully holding each of her parents hands two weeks ago.

Courtney enjoyed a peaceful holiday in Hawaii with her family a week or so before she passed. I trust that Courtney will be with her family all the days of their lives.

Courtney, you were a remarkable human spirit and I trust that God has his arms wrapped around each of us. May you rest in peace and know that you touched my heart and spirit in a way that I could not have ever predicted.

God Bless You,

Holly

missjv

Postby missjv » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:24 am

HI,
WOW I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT NEWS THAT IS TERRIBLE SHE WAS SO YOUNG. THIS CANCER REALLY SUCKS. HOW CAN SOMEONE SO YOUNG HAVE THIS HAPPEN IT IS JUST NOT RIGHT I DON'T UNDERSTAND. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH HER FAMILY I HOPE THEY ARE COPING WELL. IM GLAD SHE GOT TO HAWAII.

MISSJV

tandys24

Postby tandys24 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:22 pm

I am so sorry to hear this!!! Her family will be in my prayers.
God Bless and always believe

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”