FINALLY cleared for the Second Surgery!!!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
pjpeace

FINALLY cleared for the Second Surgery!!!

Postby pjpeace » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:45 pm

I had my first resection in June and have fought through 12 rounds of chemo to get to this point. My local Onco. kept thinking the rest was inoperable (ie. I'd be screwed). This whole time I've been fighting to get this surgery because this @#$% needs to come out! The surgeon said if the tumor stays in it will kill me. If they do the full Whipple I believe this surgery is the one that will save my life. If they find any mets at all (even though all my scans will be cleared he said there could be mets that the scan doesn't pic up) then they do a different surgery and leave the tumor in...oh Heck NO this girl's got stuff to do still!!! I have gone from less than a 10% chance of success for surgery to a 95% chance for surgery!!! The surgeon said for me to have responded that well to chemo, the very first thing they tried, is very good. Just praying for no mets!!! I need the full whipple (it's a pancreatic cancer surgery mostly but i'm rare that my tumor grew into the head of my pancreas)!!! The first set of 13 lymph nodes they took out were all neg. and i do have enlarged lymph nodes around the remaining tumor (as in before) but hoping this time my luck stays good and they are negative too...

Any hoo surgery is set for March 2nd. I’ll be in the hospital at IU a minimum of 10 days and will have to be there March 1st for pre-op stuff. I’ll get more details on Monday or Tuesday. But I've done my research and also glad to hear that they do this type of operation more than the Mayo Clinic and are one of 3 major institutions that do this type of surgery well. So feel very confident with them messing with my major internal organs and veins!!!

Pray for the full Whipple! You all inspire me on here with your strength and continued courage and support!
"When you've been abandoned in the desert and the vultures are circling and squawking at you...raise you fist at them and yell "I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!"
Stage IV @ 30 yrs. 6/06 Ms. April 2008
Recurrence to pancreas 2/09 & 6/10

janb

Postby janb » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:01 pm

Praying for you Paula - best wishes.
Together....we can make a difference!
www.whereintheworldisgregkelley.com

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:53 pm

Paula,

I am a few miles north of Indy. I will definitely have you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep kickin' a little cancer a#$! Please continue to update the colon club on your journey.

Holly

pjpeace

Postby pjpeace » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:08 am

Thanks guys =) I'll be praying for you too!

My goal is to get kicked out of the cancer center...no matter how hard i've laughed lately they still haven't kicked me out...working real hard on that! :lol:

Paula :D
"When you've been abandoned in the desert and the vultures are circling and squawking at you...raise you fist at them and yell "I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!"
Stage IV @ 30 yrs. 6/06 Ms. April 2008
Recurrence to pancreas 2/09 & 6/10

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:01 pm

Paula,

I assure you, I, too, have been working very hard on that same goal for the better of three plus years. Even a little irreverent behavior, only gets me a hand slap and timeout. Keep kickin' a little cancer a#$ and I trust that when the time comes you will update the colon club on the momentous occasion! ALLELUHAH!

Holly

tandy24
Facebook Username: Lisa Tandy

Postby tandy24 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:23 pm

Good Luck!!You are in my prayers.
God Bless and Believe,

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”