If you want prayer stop in here!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Re: If you want prayer stop in here!

Postby dianetavegia » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:00 pm

For those who will pray, Butterfly23, Karyn, has died today. A family friend posted the into on the ACS cc forum a few minutes ago. Karyn had just turned 40 and had been sick 2 years. Please pray for her family.

This makes 5 colon cancer deaths on that forum in one month and 2 days and all were quite young.

Praying for all these needs tonight.
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

Terry
Facebook Username: Terry Minor

Postby Terry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:09 am

I pray for the family of Karyn that you bring them comfort Lord. I pray that Karyn knew you and is with you free from pain.

I pray Steph continues to feel well and is around for many many years to take care of her hubby and children.

I pray for Tracy's husband that you give him a healing and clean scans.

I pray that Staci is doing well after her first treatment and has minimal side effects and that the chemo destroys those chancer cells.

Everyone else I already prayed for you earlier with my husband.

Please if you say will pray for people on here make sure you do. I know in this busy world it can be hard to fit another thing into your schedule, but I believe this thread is sooo important.

Thanks guys:)
DX 7/3/07
Chemo, radiation, 20 mo. chemo, IMRT, cyberknife, 6/11 lobectomy.
1/16 resection perm. colostomy intraop. rad.
PET 2/12 nose, thyroid, liver, lngs
Folfox 3/12
Lord I know You'll keep me here until
you know I cannot suffer any longer!

Terry

Postby Terry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:11 am

O.K. all you prayer warriors, I NEED HELP~!!@!!!!

I am trying to quit smoking but can't make that first step. I was going to quit Saturday, then Sunday, then Monday, I just feel like it has such a hold over me. The problem is, I love smoking, it relaxes me, it's always with me like a best friend. I need big time prayer from you all.

Please Lord, give me the strength to quit this nasty habit!
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

dianetavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 am

First let me say that I prayed for all these needs last night and again this morning. I didn't want to post something twice in a row and appear to just be bumping a favorite thread but I also don't want anyone to think we've forgotten their needs, just as I like knowing there are those praying for me.

Now, Terry, I thought about you yesterday during the day at my Women's Bible Study. I was looking for a verse to go along with something Beth Moore was saying on the video and saw a verse that brought you to mind. Specifically, your smoking. Now if that's not a sign from God.....

Romans 6:12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

Father God, I praise Your most holy name. You are all I need, LORD. You are my hope and my salvation, my healing and my future. I give You honor and glory for all You have done for me and my friends. Lord Jesus, I lift all those on this thread to your throne for healing, for comfort, for peace, for joy. Lord, I life their families and their friends and ask they be touched with understanding and patience when things seem too much to bear. I wish them Jesus! Father, I bring to Your throne, my friend Terry, who wants to quit smoking Lord. She feels this is something she is going to have a hard time giving up. I ask, Lord, that you touch Terry's body. Touch your mouth and her tongue. Father, replace this enjoyment with a bitter taste. Make the smell of her cigarettes distasteful in her nose. Let her experience what those who do not smoke and are repelled by the smell experience. Make this habit ugly and disgusting to her so that she can more easily give it up. Be with her Lord and show her how she is damaging her health while praying for healing! Open her eyes to all the negatives this habit brings. Take away that comfort she gets from smoking and replace it with a loathing. Be with her and with all our colon cancer friends and families today. Touch our bodies! Knit us anew! Kill off any bad cells and replace them with healthy cells filled with Your Spirit. Use us as a testimony to all we meet when we say 'I cried out to my LORD and He healed me of all my diseases! Praise You Jesus, for my healing and for that of my friends. In the most precious name of Jesus, Name above all Names, I ask these things. Amen
Last edited by dianetavegia on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surroundedbylove

Postby Surroundedbylove » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:05 am

Good morning all,

In saying my morning prayers, in addition to the prayer requests on this thread, I was inspired by the thread "If Tomorrow Never Comes, What do you Wish" and I pray that all on this thread and those on that thread have enough tomorrows to achieve their wishes that are possible in this lifetime.

SBL
Last edited by Surroundedbylove on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surroundedbylove

Rectal Cancer @ 43, '08
Clinical: T3,N2a,MX (IIIB)
6 wks XELOX & radiation
LAR, colonic j-pouch, & temp ileo '09
Surgical: ypT3,ypN0,ypMX (0 of 20 nodes)
FOLFOX; XELOX
Ileo Takedown ‘09
LARS for 10 years before learning it is finally being studied
InterStim Sacral Nerve Neuromodulator 2019

John603

Postby John603 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:42 am

Generally I am not a super religious person, but tomorrow is an important day for me. I will be getting the results of yesterday's CT scan and I need them to be good to stay on my third line treatment. So if anyone wants to add me to their prayer list ....
John

Dx Stage IIIC (14 of 36 LNs +) Jan 07, age 42
Colectomy Jan 07
Folfox + Erb'x Mar 07
Recurrence in Lymph Nodes Feb 08
Folfiri + Avastin Apr 08
NED Dec 08
Recurrence in lungs & pelvic LNs May 09
Folfiri/Avastin May 09 - Nov 09
Erb'x/Irino Dec 09

willtowin

Postby willtowin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:25 pm

I just want to encourage those of us reading this thread and posting to it to stand strong in our faith. We are doing what we are commanded to do by our Father in caring for those around us. We can be a light in the midst of darkness. I love having this thread as a reminder. And not that we just pray for these needs, I pray for all my brothers and sisters on this board, but I can actively discuss it with those of us on this thread....

Terry....I understand addiction. I have one to food! I know the Lord is powerful and can help...but I have to take real physical steps myself as well. I have started a weight watchers group for the accountability and support...I wonder if there is a group for you? I learned last night how to replace hunger and thought it might transfer for you...how to replace a cig w/ another attactivity---along w/ replacing the stress w/ something else too. I would post pictures around to motivate me, and plan ahead w/ what to do instead, and then chart/reward my progress.

John....I am praying for your results peace for you while waiting. I pray that you are able to stay on your current treatment and that it gives wonderful results.

My request is outside of cancer....our city is expecting to get a debilitating ice storm tomorrow and they are telling us to prepare for power outtages in the 100's of thousands. I am hoping that we are not affected for a long time---it gets cold on these bones.

In HIS love--- :)
Stage 1 -4-25-08 (lymphovascular invasion)
poorly diff
Hnpcc negative
TAH/BSO 5-08
Folfox COMPLETED 12-26-08
NED as of 12-09
gallbladder removed 3-09
appendectomy 11-2012
1-2013 FNH of liver, or Adenoma
44 year old mom to 3-10, 11 & 14

jmarie
Facebook Username: Jessica Ramos Smith

Postby jmarie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Thank you to you all for your prayers. I have been feeling pretty well lately and know that it is Gods hands healing me.

Since Lilliana was 2 mos preemie she was delayed a little in her physical developing. Rolling over, holding her head up, crawling, pulling herself up and starting to try to walk. I have prayed constantly and worked my butt off doing everything her P.T. and O.T. said to do to help her develop these skills and catch up for the last 6 months. I am very happy to say that she is caught up to her actual age. Due to my schedule, her PT schedule and her not liking new P.T.'s we were unable to see her therapist for a month. Her PT was so pleased on Monday, said she did 3 months of developement in 1 month! I am so proud of my little girl, such a stong little girl, stubborn as heck also. But that stubborn and fistiness(is that a word?) is what helped her survive my cancer and the NICU. Will you all please contiunue to pray for her. Her P.T. thinks she will be walking in a month and then she graduates from P.T. and won't be considered a preemie anymore! YAY! Her graduation will also be saving me $160 a month in copays!

Also will you pray for my husband, he is struggling with a smoking habit. He has cut down from 1/2-1pack of cigerettes a day to 5-6 cigerettes a day. Which is great between his high stress job and high stress home life. We just had a friend dxd with Lung cancer and I don't think I could handle it if he got sick as he is my rock and best friend, not to mention a wonderful father who needs to be around for Lilliana just in case I'm not. He is so close to quitting, he just needs a little nudge from God.

Thank you all, and I am about to do my nightly prayers for you all. Love you guys, you have all been a Godsend for me!
DX Stage IV 11/25/08
mets liver lung, kras mutant
Baby 2yrs old! I am 32yrs
Too many chemo txs to count
trying to find a clinical trial
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

Terry

Postby Terry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:56 am

Thank you Diane and Willtowin for your words and prayers of encouragment. I'm ready to quit it's just taking the step of throwing them away and having no more scares me. They're like my bff. I know that's hard for a nonsmoke to understand. Their with you when you wake, when your happy, sad, mad, down, awake,etc.

jmarie, that's wonderful that your little girl is all caughtup, I will continue to pray fo her and I'll pray her daddy finds the strength inside himself and through God to be able to quit, and I'll also pray for you to remain cancer free.

Willtowin, I will reread your advice in the morning when I'm not running on a few braincells.

John I pray that your scan results are so wonderful, that the Lord shows you what he can do if you only ask. I also pray that you find peace while awaiting your results.

I pray for everyone elses reuest on here also, that you find peace, hope, cure, good scan results, easy chemo sessions and to feel well. In Jesus name I pray, Amen
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

Terry

Postby Terry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Praying for all requests. Also, want to keep this bumped up.

God Bless and Good night!
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

dianetavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:49 pm

Praying for every request listed. John, I'm sorry to see the CT results were not better but will pray about that too.

Pray, expecting good things! Pray and hope. Hope is an expectant attitude! I'm expecting to start seeing praise reports of healings and good reports!

Meanwhile, thank you all who pray for me to remain disease free! I believe God has healed me 100% and I will proclaim what the Lord has done!

God give you peace, comfort and release from pain and anxiety tonight.

I will lie down in peace and sleep, for You alone, Oh Lord, will keep me safe!

Psalm 139:1-18 (The Message)
1 God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand. 2 I'm an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking. 3 You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight. 4 You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. 5 I look behind me and you're there, then up ahead and you're there, too - your reassuring presence, coming and going. 6 This is too much, too wonderful - I can't take it all in! 7 Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? to be out of your sight? 8 If I climb to the sky, you're there! If I go underground, you're there! 9 If I flew on morning's wings to the far western horizon, 10 You'd find me in a minute - you're already there waiting! 11 Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark! At night I'm immersed in the light!" 12 It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you. 13 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. 14 I thank you, High God - you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration - what a creation! 15 You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. 16 Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day. 17 Your thoughts - how rare, how beautiful! God, I'll never comprehend them! 18 I couldn't even begin to count them - any more than I could count the sand of the sea. Oh, let me rise in the morning and live always with you!

jmarie
Facebook Username: Jessica Ramos Smith

Postby jmarie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:45 am

One of my Oncology nurses is haveing a colonscopy Tuesday. She thinks it is IBS, I am just so happy she spoke to her doc about it and is getting scoped. Praying for no cancer or polyps!
DX Stage IV 11/25/08
mets liver lung, kras mutant
Baby 2yrs old! I am 32yrs
Too many chemo txs to count
trying to find a clinical trial
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

dianetavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:22 pm

One of our granddaughters is in a beauty pageant tonight and we'll be getting home pretty late. I didn't want to forget to let you know I'm praying for all these names and extended families. I appreciate your prayers for my forever healing!

Tomorrow is Sunday. See you in church?

2 Corinthians 1:8-11 We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it. In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead. And he did rescue us from mortal danger, and he will rescue us again. We have placed our confidence in him, and he will continue to rescue us. And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety.

lcarper

Postby lcarper » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:56 am

I am a prayer person also and will pray for anyone that ask for it . Having had my symptons for over 3 yrs and not having a doctor that would try to find the cause ,I went to a doctor that openly proclaimed his faith in the 1st appointment and got on his knees to hold my hand and pray for God to guide his hand to find the cause of my pain. We did the colonstyp (sp) and it came back ok he than ordered a c-scan and 2 hours later called and told me to get to ER I had alarge tumor. On JUly 20,2009 I had surgery to remove the softball size tumor on my colon and also remove the colon and rework my intestines 34 nodes removed 19 were cancerous. Can't take infusion due to being a diabetic (another story) so I take Xeloda 3000 mg a day after and the last scan I am cancer free chemo till April. I know God held his hands on my tumor because the surgen told my husband he had never removed such a lg tumor before that had not already burst. God kept it from doing that and I know he did. I am alive today at 62 because God said you are not going anywhere yet my child because I have plans for you after you get healed ..I do gospel singing and I think he plans to widen my area of preformance. What ever he ask me to do I will do it no questions ask....

Louann

Natty

Postby Natty » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:31 pm

I would love any prayer that is necessary for my bestfriend's peace of mind, successful colon surgery, prayer for me to be as strong as can be to guide him and general recovery
Bestfriend of 37 year old male
Stage IV
18.5 cm Colon Resection
4/6 Lymph Nodes
Lung Mets
XELOX- 7/04/2010- FINISHED 9/9/2010 (8 rounds)
Radiotherapy/5FU 22/11/2010 - 23/12/2010 (4.5 weeks)
FOLFOX+Avastin (20 rounds)
FOLFIRI+Avastin
July '72 - March 2014

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”